New Domain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Domain

I'm curious before I buy another domain as to how you can use the same Blue Voda program to make web pages into more than one domain. It seems as you can only have one page labeled index. It seems you would have a conflict with files from different domains in the same program. Probably an easy answer.. but I don't have it.. Thanks

Re: New Domain

This is easy - when you save your page click file, then save page as, then start up a new folder as you would from any other application. You can then call your page 'index' in this new folder!

When you publish the site you publish to your new domain.

Regards
    Trish
    www.Limebrook.com
    www.MountainWalk.co.uk
    www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
    www.TucsonForBeginners.com
    www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

How will this differentiate the new site from teh old one if tehy are still both listed as index. Is there something else to change?

Comment

Originally posted by dinobites
        How will this differentiate the new site from teh old one if tehy are still both listed as index. Is there something else to change?
        Please note that when you create a subdomain or an addon domain, a new, dedicated subfolder is automatically created in your public_html folder. ALL the files relevant to this new site are published in this new subfolder, so there is no problem or conflict having two (or even more pages) called "index". Each subdomain or Addon domain will be automatically pointed to it's own index page.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
        X