help with paypal return link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with paypal return link

I'm still having trouble with my paypal link back to my download page.

I can click on paypal on my purchase page and it takes me straight to paypal, which accepts my payment, but doesn't return me automatically to the download (success) page.

When I click on the paypal return to merchant button all I get is the standard page not found, even though the correct URL is displayed at the top of paypal.

If I delete the extra URL paypal has added to my link I can go straight to the correct page.

Is this a problem at my end, or is it something to do with not being listed by Google yet.

Could do with all the help I can get

Re: help with paypal return link

You have typed the success and cancel page URLs as www.startgettingpregnant.com/success.php

Try adding the http:// infront:

Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks a million Navaladesign,

Will give it a try, was beginning to feel as if I was banging my head against a brick wall!

http://www.startgettingpregnant.com

Comment

Hi Navaldesign,

Haven't changed URL yet but thought I'd try and see if I could find my site on google using http://startgettingpregnant.com and got a real shock to find the following

help with paypal return link - Web Hosting
        You have typed the success and cancel page URLs as www.startgettingpregnant.com/success.php. Try adding the http:// infront: ...
        www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/general-support-issues/46975-help-paypal-return-link.html - 11 hours ago - Similar pages

Does that mean anyone can now go straight to my download page and get my book for free?

How can I protect my download without password locking and blocking everyone out without giving out my password to everyone, and does that go for anyone using robots, because I checked my meta tags with SEO and they had no problem getting all the info about my site.

Bit scared now!

www.startgettingpregnant.com

Comment

Yes, and what you will need to do is to protect your downloads.

In the meantime, you will need to change your success page to something else to put your download on .. success is an easy url for anyone to find this, keep in mind too, that this can happen anytime, if you do not protect your download ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

There is also another solution, though the download URL should ALWAYS be a protected link. I do understand that protecting a download means cost as it requires a script.
            The simple solution i mentioned: (with another page name ofcourse): create the Buy Now button in PAyPal. Since a couple of months PayPal gives you simply a code (not even your email address appears there) for the button that you create with them, and no links are visible, so your success page is rather secure until someone posts it in a blog on the net.........

As Lady Eye said: the correct solution is protecting the download.
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks Naval design for pointing out about thye http:// missing on the paypal link. Changed it and finally got it to return (pheew!), can finally get some sleep tonight!

Got to say thanks as well to both you and LadyEye for info on protecting downloads.

would using a URL conversion from "tinyurl" work in the paypal button, and would that make it more difficult for someone to "steal" my download?

many thanks for all your help

Comment

I never tried it, so i don't know....
                Navaldesign

Comment

I'm like Naval, but I think not ..doesnt tiny url shrinker just shorten up your domain name .. it still could be passed around anyway ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi LadyEye,

Thanks for advice. Am looking at service for secure digital downloads like payloadz.com, e-junkie.com, and Secure-Ebook so download won't be on website at all. Do you think this is a good idea. Finding it hard to get to grips with what goes on behind the internet, since I'm now 60years old and still have'nt even got to grips with using cell phone camera!

While I'm here I was wondering why I've had visitors to my website review, but no comment.

Is it so boring that everyone's gone to sleep before they've finished looking at it!

http://startgettingpregnant.com

Comment

Hi, you're welcome ... um, those are worth a look for sure, however, I am not sure of the pricing ... I have something reasonably priced to do the job for you if you are interested as well, you can contact me via my blue voda designer website and send along the request and I'll get back to you with the information in regards to pricing, etc., if you like .. Perhaps General Naval has something as well ..

I am sure you will receive some comments in your review thread. Perhaps everyone is sleeping, lol ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi ladyEye,

Thanks a million for the offer of assistance but I'd already got into a secure delivery system before I got your post. Will just have to see how it pans out, but will be back to you for sure if it turns out to be no good.

Many thanks and best wishes Newbie

Comment

Hi LadyEye and Navaldesign,

Just a quick thankyou for all your help.

Download now secured and ebook ready to go.

wish you and everyone who's helped me all the best

Comment

Working...
                          X