Photo or image enhancer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo or image enhancer?

I thought I saw a reference somewhere to a Blue Voda process to submit my photos or images to before inserting them into my pages, to enhance them. I cannot find it now so maybe this was my imagination working, when I saw the reference to the video on inserting images generally?

Re: Photo or image enhancer?

You might have seen this - it's a handy tool: http://www.vodahost.com/pix.htm
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

I found pix resizer, which I think was what I saw before, just before I saw the reply above, thanks racefan20. Since I have already made all of my pictures 600 pixels in width, and less in depth, using Adobe Photoshop, is it still helpful for me to use pix resizer?

What about thumbnails? Is pix resizer better to use for thumbnails than taking my 600 pixel pictures and resizing them with the Voda corner handles? My thumbnails will be larger than the 100 pixel common default, about twice as large. Thanks.

Comment

Yes, pix resizer does a better job of shrinking pics than using the handles in BV and it does a better job (in my opinion) than PhotoShop as well.

600 pixels is pretty wide, do you plan to add lots of those to your page(s)?
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Originally posted by racefan20
          Yes, pix resizer does a better job of shrinking pics than using the handles in BV and it does a better job (in my opinion) than PhotoShop as well.

600 pixels is pretty wide, do you plan to add lots of those to your page(s)?
          Thank you again.

I am an artist and my website will be an online gallery. There will be several dozen at 600 pixels, perhaps 60 in all, plus at least one thumbnail and sometimes multiple thumbnails (from various pages) linking to each large image. Do you see a problem?... Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaszz
            Thank you again.

I am an artist and my website will be an online gallery. There will be several dozen at 600 pixels, perhaps 60 in all, plus at least one thumbnail and sometimes multiple thumbnails (from various pages) linking to each large image. Do you see a problem?... Thanks.
            I have a small photogallery of my own for every boat i designed. I have 8 -10 pics for every boat, X 10-12 boats, = 80 - 120 (i never counted them) all of them being 600 x 450. No problem at all.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
              I have a small photogallery of my own for every boat i designed. I have 8 -10 pics for every boat, X 10-12 boats, = 80 - 120 (i never counted them) all of them being 600 x 450. No problem at all.
              Thanks! That is a relief. Would you mind if I kooked at your gallery? Can you give me the URL? Thank you.

Comment

Thanks! That is a relief. Would you mind if I kooked at your gallery? Can you give me the URL? Thank you.
                It's in my signature. go to Progetti, skip the first one (it is still under construction) and in the page that opens click on Fotogallery
                Navaldesign
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
                  It's in my signature. go to Progetti, skip the first one (it is still under construction) and in the page that opens click on Fotogallery
                  Very nice. Thank you again. Very impressive work, both the ships and the site.

Comment

Very nice. Thank you again. Very impressive work, both the ships and the site.
                    Thanks a lot.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Do you folks recommend .jpg as a file format to start with, before submitting the images to pix resizer? Or would there be a better one to start with? My camera produces jpgs. I usually process them in Photoshop to adjust the color, brightness, contrast, and other attributes, and then resave them as jpg. From now on I will not use Photoshop to resize, but will still use it for adjustments. Should I resave in a different format than jpg? Thanks again...

Comment

Do you folks recommend .jpg as a file format to start with, before submitting the images to pix resizer? Or would there be a better one to start with? My camera produces jpgs. I usually process them in Photoshop to adjust the color, brightness, contrast, and other attributes, and then resave them as jpg. From now on I will not use Photoshop to resize, but will still use it for adjustments. Should I resave in a different format than jpg? Thanks again...
                        Jpg's are just fine.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks much for all your help today.

Comment

I am using pix resizer and it works fine. How about thumbnails? Do you guys recommend just setting it for 100 or 150 pixels and go, or is there a special procedure for thumbnails that gives better results? Thanks.

Comment

I am using pix resizer and it works fine. How about thumbnails? Do you guys recommend just setting it for 100 or 150 pixels and go, or is there a special procedure for thumbnails that gives better results? Thanks.
                              Depends on the size and the quality rwquired. I use small ones to load faster: 80x60
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X