Text changes in browsers - picture issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Text changes in browsers - picture issues

I'm working on two sites: firstbiblebaptistberkshire.com & boardercrossroads.com. I'm having 2 problems

1) My fonts are different on browsers than what I've published. I tried converting them to images, but then they come up with a white outline. I also read a thread that said I needed to use a web friendly font, but how do I know which are web friendly and won't that really hamper design creativity.

2) It takes forever to load pictures I've published. I downloaded the pixresizer software. Is that the answer?

Re: Text changes in browsers - picture issues

Originally posted by malachuk View Post
    I'm working on two sites: firstbiblebaptistberkshire.com & boardercrossroads.com. I'm having 2 problems

1) My fonts are different on browsers than what I've published. I tried converting them to images, but then they come up with a white outline. I also read a thread that said I needed to use a web friendly font, but how do I know which are web friendly and won't that really hamper design creativity.

2) It takes forever to load pictures I've published. I downloaded the pixresizer software. Is that the answer?
    I've been having the same problem, in my browser it was showing different fonts than the ones on my page, and when I converted the text to image it was giving me funny characters in the browser.

I just tried different fonts until I got one that didn't change........I don't know either which fonts are web friendly and which are not.

The funny thing is that in one page I was using "times new roman" fonts and when I checked on the browser half of my sentence was not there..... probably something was wrong with the page itself, so I deleted that page and restarted a new page and it worked....
    Gullekian

If you fail to prepare, you are preparing to fail.

www.geemax.net
    www.dikranandkelly.com
    www.bjvino.com

Comment

I'm truely surprised "how do i find out web friendly fonts?" just google web friendly fonts and there are thousands of site to choose from. this is one:
      Accord are an award-winning marketing agency based in London and Devon. No matter your business, it’s our business to help you grow and make it better.

now you can make any font into an image and when that is done the font will not change when anyone looks at it. SEO's don't like that but you have to decide looks versus SEO

make you pictures the correct size instead of using the handles and that should help you loading time.
      mrmagoo144
      www.videopostcards.info

Comment

1. "web friendly fonts" will return the answer you seek via a google search.

2. Pixresizer is the answer. Load the image you want to reduce, pick the jpeg choice and click on the bar next to it that says "joint photographic expert group." That will open a window with a slider that allows you to reduce the physical size of the file (the resolution). You can reduce pretty extremely; just test it on your web page and preview the results to be sure you don't take it too far down.

EDIT: I've been one minute late all day!
        CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
        CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
        CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Working...
        X