X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help please add on & name servers

Hi
    I got my first website up and running....www.waquadmx.com
    I paid for my second domain name through vodadomains, built the website using blue voda then received the email re name servers...
    watched the tutorials... but the dns section doesnt work like on the tutorials it wont allow me to reconfigure to the vodahost. has this step been changed?
    also when i do a search on my new domain it lists the dns as the ones already appearing, that I havent been able to change yet.

Ive been into cpanel and added the add on domain, but when i publish
    public_html/rockinghamsignwriters, it only loads as
    www.waquadmx.com/rockinghamsignwriters
    it wont load as www.rockinghamsignwriters.com
    some other web site comes up{please have look?}

hope you can help me with my queries as I'm learning each time theres a problem its because Ive missed a step or done something basic wrong, I will get there :)

Re: help please add on & name servers

I have the same exact question as above.

Comment

Ive been sitting waiting patiently since last week, but it doesnt seem anyone has an answer
      If you work it out, please post back here?

I'm wondering if the reason I cant configure the name servers as per the tutorial is a change to the program and you now do it another way, or it just doesnt work on my domain?

Help would be very much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by mrsgaitar
        Ive been sitting waiting patiently since last week, but it doesnt seem anyone has an answer
        If you work it out, please post back here?

I'm wondering if the reason I cant configure the name servers as per the tutorial is a change to the program and you now do it another way, or it just doesnt work on my domain?

Help would be very much appreciated
        Please loggin your Vodahost Domains CP. Usually login is automatic. Click on "My account". If you have not been automatically logged in, type in user name and Password.
        On the next screen, should appear "You have 1 domain name ....." Click on it and on the next screen your domain name should appear. Click on the name. On the next screen in the "DNS Server" section, click on "Change Service" On the next one, click (if not already by default) on the "user" button. Then click on "Save changes", Ok now on the next screen you have 4 server fields: put in there the nameservers of your main account, the ones that Voda gave you with your main account( they are written in the welcome mail you received when you signed up the first time). They should be something like "ns3.vodahost.com" and "ns4.vodahost.com". Just fill in the first two fields. Click on "Save changes". You're done and you can exit Vodahost Domains. Allow 24 - 48 hours for DNS propagation through the net.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

thankyou :)
          the tutorial misses a step and because you get a warning noticeon that step, it made me think I was doing it wrong.
          All done now, second website online now... Voda is brilliant !

Comment

Working...
          X