Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Created a form for my website, BUT......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Created a form for my website, BUT......

I created a form in my contact page and it turns out great, however when I tested it. When I submitted my tested information to my email. I am not receiving ANY email to my email (yahoo mail)

What is that I am doing wrong here and can anyone advise with me...

www.theultimatefitness.net go to the contact page....

Re: Created a form for my website, BUT......

Change the encoding type from plain text to multipart/form-data save and republish. Make sure you have the correct email address entered (one letter will throw things off, also if you used the form wizard make sure the "use built in PHP form processor" box is checked.
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Okay will it work that php and the page itself is html? so it will send to my personal email??

Comment

whoa it gave me this... ???!!!!???

0) { $upload_DstName[$i] = $prefix . "_" . str_replace(" ", "_", $_FILES[$key]['name']); $upload_SrcName[$i] = $_FILES[$key]['name']; $upload_Size[$i] = ($_FILES[$key]['size']); $upload_Temp[$i] = ($_FILES[$key]['tmp_name']); $upload_Type[$i] = ($_FILES[$key]['type']); $uploadlink[$i] = "$upload_folder/$upload_DstName[$i]"; $upload_fieldname[$i] = $key; $upload_fieldname_final[$i] = ucwords(str_replace("_", " ", $key)); $fieldvalue[$i] = $uploadlink[$i]; $i++; } if ($upload_Size[$i] >= $max_filesize) { $error .= "The size of $key (file: $upload_SrcName[$i]) is bigger than the allowed " . $max_filesize/1024 . " Kbytes!\n"; } } $crack[0] = '\n'; $crack[1] = '\r'; $crack[2] = "%0a"; $crack[3] = "%0d"; $crack[4] = "content-type:"; $crack[5] = "to:"; $crack[6] = "cc:"; $crack[7] = "bcc:"; $crack[8] = "mime-version:"; $crack[9] = "x0a"; $crack[10] = "x0d"; foreach ($_POST as $key => $value) { for ($k = 0; $k < count($crack); $k++) { if (substr_count(strtolower($value), $crack[$k])) { $error .= "The field $key contained e-mail headers ($crack[$k]) in the value submitted. This seems to be a cracking attempt and the message has not been sent.!
        "; } } } if ($error) { $errorcode = file_get_contents($error_url); $replace = "##error##"; $errorcode = str_replace($replace, $error, $errorcode); echo $errorcode; exit; } $uploadfolder = basename($upload_folder); for ($i = 0; $i < count($upload_DstName); $i++) { $uploadFile = $uploadfolder . "/" . $upload_DstName[$i]; if (!is_dir(dirname($uploadFile))) { @RecursiveMkdir(dirname($uploadFile)); } else { @chmod(dirname($uploadFile), 0777); } @move_uploaded_file($upload_Temp[$i] , $uploadFile); chmod($uploadFile, 0644); } $internalfields = array ("submit", "reset", "filesize", "upload_folder", "send", "captcha_code"); $message .= "\n"; foreach ($_POST as $key => $value) { if (!in_array(strtolower($key), $internalfields)) { if (!is_array($value)) { $message .= ucwords(str_replace("_", " ", $key)) . " : " . $value . "\n"; } else { $message .= ucwords(str_replace("_", " ", $key)) . " : " . implode(",", $value) . "\n"; } } } if (count($upload_SrcName) > 0) { $message .= "\nThe following file have been uploaded:\n"; for ($i = 0; $i < count($upload_SrcName); $i++) { $message .= $upload_SrcName[$i] . " Link: " . $uploadlink[$i] . "\n"; } } mail($mailto, $subject, stripslashes($message), $header); header('Location: '.$success_url); exit; } ?>

Comment

The page is still a php, did you name the form without any spaces? Also you will need to now remove the html version of the contact page from you public_html folder and republish the php version and change the links. When did you get that message because I did not get it.
          Reguards
          Ed
          www.dsondesigns.com
          www.300hitter.com
          www.bigjk.net

Comment

So that means that entire contact page will be php while the others are html. some of the icon pictures does not work on php??

Comment

Originally posted by D'son View Post
              The page is still a php, did you name the form without any spaces? Also you will need to now remove the html version of the contact page from you public_html folder and republish the php version and change the links. When did you get that message because I did not get it.

What do you mean by "change the links" ??

Comment

They should, it should not make a difference (as far as displaying images) whether its a php or a html. But yes any page with a form has to be php in order to work.
                Reguards
                Ed
                www.dsondesigns.com
                www.300hitter.com
                www.bigjk.net

Comment

Originally posted by desertmagic View Post
                  What do you mean by "change the links" ??
                  You links to the contact page, right now they are linked to contact.html they will need to be linked to contact.php after you publish the page.
                  Reguards
                  Ed
                  www.dsondesigns.com
                  www.300hitter.com
                  www.bigjk.net

Comment

Originally posted by D'son View Post
                    You links to the contact page, right now they are linked to contact.html they will need to be linked to contact.php after you publish the page.
                    I did what you told me to do and still not receiving emails to my yahoo mail.. whats next solution Ed?

Comment

Not really sure at this point, Navaldesign is our resident guru for forms and he ******* this forum pretty close, he should be around at some point tonight I would be patient and Im sure he will be able to solve your problem. Sorry bud but I dont want to lead to far a stray.
                      Reguards
                      Ed
                      www.dsondesigns.com
                      www.300hitter.com
                      www.bigjk.net

Comment

No plm, ED as I hope he does get online asap as I would love to have his input (george) so please let him know what I am doing okay thanks

Comment

Your form seems perfectly functioning, though you DON'T have a "success" page, so after submission it takes you to a "404 Page not found" error.

Please note that Yahoo mail has very strict spam filters, it even catalogs as spam normal mails. I suggest that you create an email account within your own domain, and use that email address for your form submissions.

Try the above and if it still doesn't work, post again.
                          Navaldesign
                          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
                            Your form seems perfectly functioning, though you DON'T have a "success" page, so after submission it takes you to a "404 Page not found" error.

Please note that Yahoo mail has very strict spam filters, it even catalogs as spam normal mails. I suggest that you create an email account within your own domain, and use that email address for your form submissions.

Try the above and if it still doesn't work, post again.
                            Hey Naval, I got your testing information in my yahoo mail. How do I create email with the Bluevoda host?? If you think its best to have email from my domain name then you are going to have to explain to me how. Also what is the success page as could you give me example of the Success page is?

Comment

Also why people put in the anti-spam box for example they say "Is fire hot or cold?" in the contact form?? Is it needed to put that in my form??

Comment

Working...
                              X