Free Domain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Domain

I already had a domain name with another company for the site I built on Blue Voda.

Do I still get a Free domain with my hosting account with you? How do I get it?

Re: Free Domain

Originally posted by cheryl20
    I already had a domain name with another company for the site I built on Blue Voda.

Do I still get a Free domain with my hosting account with you? How do I get it?
    Yes you do. When signing up, choose the "Free domain name" option, so you will not pay for the first year registration. After you have signed up, you can also transfer the first domain name in Vodahost, if it is not locked, and add it in your account as Addon domain. On the other hand, IF your first domain name is not locked, you can always opt for the transfer option.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
        Yes you do. When signing up, choose the "Free domain name" option, so you will not pay for the first year registration. After you have signed up, you can also transfer the first domain name in Vodahost, if it is not locked, and add it in your account as Addon domain. On the other hand, IF your first domain name is not locked, you can always opt for the transfer option.
        Hello, I am a new member and have looked all around the forum for the anwers to my questions but haven't found them...

Yesterday I signed up for a hosting account using the M2 code valid until today. I realize it takes between 24 to 72 hours to receive my account login information although I have a couple questions relating to the above post.
        1. I am using an existing domain name and not sure whether to transfer it or just change the DNS location. I know it's better to have it all on the Vodahost server but would like to know what problems can occur leaving it on the present server (dotregistrar.com)

2. Since I signed up using a discount code does this miean I am not entitled to a free domain?

3. Are there any additional fees for either transfering the domain name or just changing the DNS location?

4. If, when I transfer the name, is it automatically extented for another year and are there additional charges for this? If so, what are they?

5. I have several domain names registered with dotregistrar. With my new account at Vodahost can I change the DNS location for them to Vodahost using a parking space visable on the the net? and if so, is there any additional charge(s) for this.

After spending alot of time looking around for the best host I think I've found 'home'... thank you very much, it appears you have a very good team with a lot of talented & knowledgable people......Tomissan
        Thai House Plans
        Interior - Exterior, 3D Design

www.Thai-Land-House.com

Comment

1. I am using an existing domain name and not sure whether to transfer it or just change the DNS location. I know it's better to have it all on the Vodahost server but would like to know what problems can occur leaving it on the present server (dotregistrar.com)

No problem. you will simply have two billings, one from Vodahost, for the hosting, and one from dotregistrar.com for the domain name registration renewal.

2. Since I signed up using a discount code does this miean I am not entitled to a free domain?

You were entitled to a free domain name. but if you have chosen coupon M2, you have not opted for the free domain. So now it's not an option any more. If you read the post in the discount anouncement, it clearly says that M1 gives you Free Name PLUS $30 discount, M2 only $30 discount.

3. Are there any additional fees for either transfering the domain name or just changing the DNS location?

Changing DNS is something you do in your dotregistar.com Control panel. There is no charge. Transfering can be done either by you so you have to check with dotregistrar to see if they charge something, or it can be carried out by Vodahost, at a price of aprox. $6

4. If, when I transfer the name, is it automatically extented for another year and are there additional charges for this? If so, what are they?

5. I have several domain names registered with dotregistrar. With my new account at Vodahost can I change the DNS location for them to Vodahost using a parking space visable on the the net? and if so, is there any additional charge(s) for this.

You can park all of your domains in your account. Change the nameservers to point to the Vodahost ones, and add your domains on your main account, as addon domains. Since Vodahost provides you with 12 Gb of disk space and 300 Gb of Monthly Data transfer, you can even create your site in the same account. There is absolutely no disk or bandwidth problem (unless you have very heavy, commercial sites that would have lots of traffic). there is no charge: you do it your self. Just watch the relevant video tutorial and you will be able to do it in 5 minutes.

I hope this answers your question. If you need help post again.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
          X