Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• private photos

Hi,
    I tried to find the answer to this before wasting your time but without success, sorry! I'm almost done with my site & am working on the gallery pages. I would like to 'protect' some of the photos by only having them available to certain visitors. Is this possible with some kind of password procedure? If so how?
    thanks for any help that comes :)
    david
    Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Re: private photos

You would either have to make a gallery with the images you only want certain people to see, place this file in its own directory and password protect it. If you wanted to have all of them on the same gallery and just not show some depending on who is looking at them you would need to use a php login in order to verify who someone is, and add some code around each image to not display it if they are not logged in or don't have permission.

You may want to try some gallery software, many will have a user login system and you can set permissions for what images you want to show.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Re: private photos

Thanks for the advice!
      It would seem the easiest way would be a separate password-protected gallery........umm, I have no idea how to do that! Is there a tutorial/forum/link that I missed?
      david
      Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Working...
      X