Need Advice on setting up member process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice on setting up member process

Reposted from yesterday. I have developed a pool poll which sends the contents to my sites e-mail, closes the window and forwards the user to another page. Now that I have their contact information what would be the process to set up their membership? re: them paying initial dues and giving them some sort of automated member I.D. response. I would like them to use this I.D when purchasing. I might be approaching this in the wrong way. I would llike to receive their poll response, have them pay dues and get their member I.D. to them in one swoop but at this point I'm stuck. The way it is the user would have to fill out more pages. Please help.

Re: Still Need Advice on setting up member process

Did you do a search on the forum for membership scripts or login scripts? Watdaflip does them..Naval does them, David does them and some of them even have the actual forms premade etc..

check the form rooms

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Need Advice on setting up member process

I have developed a pool poll which sends the contents to my sites e-mail, closes the window and forwards the user to another page. Now that I have their contact information what would be the process to set up their membership? re: them paying initial dues and giving them some sort of automated member I.D. response. I would like them to use this I.D when purchasing. I might be approaching this in the wrong way. I would llike to receive their poll response, have them pay dues and get their member I.D. to them in one swoop but at this point I'm stuck. The way it is the user would have to fill out more pages. Please help.

http://www.swimmingpoolprofessor.com

Comment

Re: Need Advice on setting up member process

Maybe you could ask this question again, three times wasn't enough for us to understand!!!
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

That was helpfull. I was directed to bring it to this page. The first posting didn't yield any help. I'm sure some one can give me some advice. It's been almost 24hrs without any help.

Comment

Re: Still Need Advice on setting up member process

Thank you for responding. I put this up on the forms forum but can't get any attention. Can you guide someone over there to give me some direction to get started with. I'm stuck for about a day now and wanted to get some work done today. Thanks Again
            David

Comment

Membership & Login Scripts Help?

Reposted from yesterday. I have developed a pool poll which sends the contents to my sites e-mail, closes the window and forwards the user to another page. Now that I have their contact information what would be the process to set up their membership? re: them paying initial dues and giving them some sort of automated member I.D. response. I would like them to use this I.D when purchasing. I might be approaching this in the wrong way. I would llike to receive their poll response, have them pay dues and get their member I.D. to them in one swoop but at this point I'm stuck. The way it is the user would have to fill out more pages. Please help.

http://www.swimmingpoolprofessor.com

Comment

Re: Membership & Login Scripts Help?

First of all don't create multiple topics on the same thing, its not going to get you a response any quicker, and just clutters up the forum.

Anyhow, you need to create or install a script to register the user, process the payment. You may want to check hotscripts.com or a similar site for a membership script, but I doubt your going to find one that will allow them to take the poll, process payment, and register the user in one step. You will either need to write or hire someone to write a custom script or do some modifications to an existing one you can either download or purchase.

Register/Login Script
                Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

OK. That answers the part that I'm approaching it in a twisted manner. There has to be an easier way to get poll results, gain membership with user name and collect initial dues. If you were starting to go in this direction, how would you have approached it. I'm open to starting over. I appreciate your advice but if I didn't start simply then it's going to get more complicated. I'm sure a basic approach would be quicker but I have no clue where to begin. Sorry for upsetting anyone, I'm stuck and frustrated

Dave

Comment

Well that's the thing, it's not a simple thing to do if you have no experience with it. If I were to make this I would code it from scratch, but unless you have programming experience and learn a programming language like php, this probably isn't an option. The easiest way I can see to go about it (Although it wouldn't be the ideal way), would be to install a membership script onto your website. The hard part being either find one that tell you the code to retrieve the username of someone who is logged in, or you figure out for yourself (ask around, look at the code, whatever has to be done). You then have your poll which they take after they register. You add a hidden field to your poll with the value of the username of whomever is taking the poll. You will then be able to associate the email you get with the results to the user paying for membership.

The problem with this however is that you wouldn't be forcing them to take it, you would just have to present them this page and make it seem as if they have to take before they can proceed. As I said before this isn't the most ideal solution, but its the only way I can see doing it with the minimal amount of programming.

Register/Login Script
                    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

ok, i'm probably going to have to ask more questions. I would imagine B.V. has something for me to start with. Would you know the link? Here's the thing, many times when you sign up for something on line they send you a password apparently automaticly. I can take their membership dues at this time too. I may have to have them fill out the poll to gain a coupon code that they can use when they purchase a product. If they don't take the poll they pay full membership. This will give me everything. B.V. doesn't have anything like this? I hope I'm making sense. Can you please give me a push start link. Thanks Again
                      Dave

Comment

Well you need a membership script that has a signup.. pay and then redirected to where they get their membership. You will need customized coding for this. Basically you need a shopping cart with membership management. See NavalDesigns page he has a customizable cart, or you can try your luck with soho, or you can try working with Watdaflip to customize this method for you. I dunno.. maybe David has a script as well.

In either case a simple login form wont be your answer.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                        02036089024 / United Kingdom
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I don't think BV has anything close to the functionality you need (I don't use BV though, so what I know about it is what I read). Anyhow, the fact is that BV is meant to create static pages, for the vast majority of websites that have any dynamic content they are not created with a WYSIWYG tool like BV, they are coded and programmed by hand.

Register/Login Script

Comment

Working...
                          X