401 Authorization Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 401 Authorization Error

I have a password protected section on the website I have been developing for my church. I used cpanel to setup the password protected sub-directory and everything I save to this sub-directory is working fine, requiring a login and password to access.

But one specific member, who has tried to access a menu on the password protected section does not get the login/password pop window. Instead when clicking on the link, their browser goes directly to a 401 autorization error page.

This member is using IE7, with ATT Worldnet dial up internet service. I have turned off her pop up blocker, set cookies on and set her internet security to the lowest setting, but I cannot get the login/password window to appear. Everyone else I have talked with has access to this section, getting the login/password window.

Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Rich H.
    www.zionsbranch.org
    password protected menu: www.zionsbranch.org/member_menu.php

Re: 401 Authorization Error

The link you gave above is incorrect you forgot the /private folder in the file path. I was able to get the login through your menu on your home page. Is she going from the link you provided us or through your site?
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Sorry, I did forget to add the /private in the message. The member who is having trouble is trying to login from the menu on the home page.

Thanks,
      Rich
      www.zionsbranch.org

Comment

Not sure then it works on my end and if everyone else is able to get in it sounds like something on her computer blocking it. Some sort of antivirus program?
        Reguards
        Ed
        www.dsondesigns.com
        www.marseillesyouthsports.com
        www.300hitter.com
        www.bigjk.net
        How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Have you tried clearing her cache. I have had this issue before and that has cleared it up for me (Although I had a typo in my .htaccess file which is what) but it still might fix the problem your having.

Register/Login Script
          Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
          X