Sound on Nav buttons and Combobox text questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound on Nav buttons and Combobox text questions

I'm still tweaking my site and have a couple of problems someone may be able to help with.

1. Sounds on navigation buttons. I tried to add a sound when you point at one particular navigation button and although it works on the test, it doesn't work after the page has been published. Maybe it doesn't work if you have a mouse-over effect at the same time?

2. Combobox and Textarea. Is it possible to have the value or initial value disappear when you click into the box, like it does when you log in to the Community Forum area?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

David

Re: Sound on Nav buttons and Combobox text questions

answer to question 1 make sure the sound file is in your bluevoda file.

Comment

By "BlueVoda file", do you mean the public_HTML folder at Vodahost? It is there but to choose the file in the Properties box, it gives you the facility to browse for the file on your own local hard drive. I've tried both links: the local drive and mywebsite/wav file in the public folder but neither work. I must be missing something.

David

Comment

In your bluevoda file open new folder name it sounds, now find the sound file that you want make sure the sound effect is for mouseover uses. then save as and make sure it is saved in sounds, then open the button in the style box , click the browes find bluevoda file then sounds click your sound file then ok move curcer over test if sound works publish your page.

hope this helps just make sure your sound is ment to be used as mouseover.

Comment

Thanks for your help on this. I have done all you suggest but how do I know if the sound is suitable for mouse-over? The sound I'm trying to use is just a short .wav file.

David

Comment

the buttons accepts wav so after opening the sound folder from the browse for sound if the file u want shows click it then test as long as it is not to big or long should be ok
            remember the larger the file the longer it takes to load, short is better.

Comment

Working...
            X