New add on domain can't publish or access in browser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New add on domain can't publish or access in browser

Good morning. I ordered my 2nd domain www.debbiemae.com and I added it in the control panel in my vodahost account where my original domain is www.brucejoronte.com

I'm starting to create my new site, and just wanted to publish the first page (my index) saying welcome to debbiemae.com this site is under construction...bla bla

When I press publish in BV I type in my user name that ftp account maintainence said to put in, and my password that I set up in the add on domain and I'm getting an error 12014 saying my password is incorrect.

Also when I went to my browser and typed in my new domain name www.debbiemae.com a very strange screen shows up.

I'm lost? Can Someone point me in the right direction.

debbie

Re: New add on domain can't publish or access in browser

Originally posted by dmk1
    Good morning. I ordered my 2nd domain www.debbiemae.com and I added it in the control panel in my vodahost account where my original domain is www.brucejoronte.com

I'm starting to create my new site, and just wanted to publish the first page (my index) saying welcome to debbiemae.com this site is under construction...bla bla

When I press publish in BV I type in my user name that ftp account maintainence said to put in, and my password that I set up in the add on domain and I'm getting an error 12014 saying my password is incorrect.

Also when I went to my browser and typed in my new domain name www.debbiemae.com a very strange screen shows up.

I'm lost? Can Someone point me in the right direction.

debbie
    Hi ebbie,

the strange screen is simply the default setup screen of vodahost domains. If you get a look now, the new site directory is there, so just publish your index page and you're on the air! As for the password, you just have to use the same password you've been using till today for the first site. Just make sure to publish to the new site directory. This directory (which probably is named "debbiemae" ) has been automaticaly created when you added your domain as addon domain. So you must publish in "public_html/debbiemae"
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi again and thanks for responding. It worked and I have a little welcome page. Now I can go create the pages.

One more question. When I set up the original web site www.brucejoronte.com I set up e-mails for his account such as bruce@brucejoronte.com I also gave myself an email address for his site.

Now with my new site I would like to have an email that is deb@debbiemae.com . Are there tutorials for this when working with add on domains.

Thanks debbie

Comment

Hi again and thanks for responding. It worked and I have a little welcome page. Now I can go create the pages.

One more question. When I set up the original web site www.brucejoronte.com I set up e-mails for his account such as bruce@brucejoronte.com I also gave myself an email address for his site.

Now with my new site I would like to have an email that is deb@debbiemae.com . Are there tutorials for this when working with add on domains.

Thanks debbie
        Just go and create your email account normally. When you get there you will see that there are two options for the domain name, because you have added the second one. It's that simple.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi, I was able to create an email address.

I put the email address on my test page, and even before I published it I did a preview and clicked on it, but the email window didn't open. I published it and it still doesn't open the email window.

Then I just went to my Outlook and sent myself an email. When I sent it it went to web mail in the control panel. I don't understand why that happened. On my other site if I send an email to bruce@brucejoronte.com it comes directly to my outlook.

When I added the e-mail address to my site www.debbiemae.com and the email address of dmk@debbiemae.com I clicked on the configure button for POP3 outlook and it did it's think like the first web site, but I must have missed something. Perhaps this post should be in the e-mail thread?

thanks.
          Debbie

Comment

I figured out why I wasn't getting email sent to my Outlook. I had to add my address (it didn't configure automatically when I was in the control panel).

However, I'm still not able to click on the email address at my site and have it open the email window.?
            debbie

Comment

I figured out why I wasn't getting email sent to my Outlook. I had to add my address (it didn't configure automatically when I was in the control panel).

However, I'm still not able to click on the email address at my site and have it open the email window.?
              debbie
              Because it is not linked to your email address. Add the link. It also has a www. infront: is that correct?
              Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks I'll try it. Just have to figure out where to find and add the link.

I did put a www. in front of the email address on my page.
                deb

Comment

Thanks I'll try it. Just have to figure out where to find and add the link.

I did put a www. in front of the email address on my page.
                  deb
                  Just select the text, highlight it, and click on the link icon on the upper toolbar. The Link type has to be "mailto:" and the URL "mailto:debbiemae.com"
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                  X