PHP core config changes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP core config changes?

Is it possible to change the PHP config core. I have a few things migrated from another server to my vodahost account and now some PHP stuff doesn't work.

If it is possible to change settings in the PHP core, please let me know how. Thanks.

the setting I need chainging is register_globals to set to On, which is currently Off I see.

Thanks

Re: PHP core config changes?

Originally posted by oxide
    Is it possible to change the PHP config core. I have a few things migrated from another server to my vodahost account and now some PHP stuff doesn't work.

If it is possible to change settings in the PHP core, please let me know how. Thanks.

the setting I need chainging is register_globals to set to On, which is currently Off I see.

Thanks
    I have access to 4 of Voda servers and register_globals is On on all four of them. Which one is yours?
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I'm on voda3.vodahost.com

And I've run a file to get the info and config and it shows me it as Off.

Comment

No, it's on. Get in your CP, then just leave on the address bar the www.70.......:2083/ part (2083 might be different for you) and add after the slash: phpinfo.php press enter, and you will get all the information.:

System Linux voda3.vodahost.com 2.4.21-37.0.1.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Jan 11 18:44:17 EST 2006 i686

Configuration

PHP Core

Directive
        Local Value
        Master Value

precision 14 14
        register_argc_argv On On
        register_globals On On
        report_memleaks On On
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks very much for trying to help but I could get the config to show.

putting in phpinfo/php after the address:port/ results in a 'page not found'

Anyways, here's my PHP config: http://www.oxidesigns.com/serops06/phpinfo.php

Comment

ok, thx for the correction, now i see it as on, very strange, because in this link it shows as off .. LOL

http://www.oxidesigns.com/serops06/phpinfo.php

Anyways, I have now worked around it and recoded. Thanks very much for your help, much appreciated.

Comment

Another problem :(

using the mail() command doesn't seem to work, Could I be doing something wrong? Is there any configs I need to make with my Mail settings?

Comment

You must make sure all your scripts are sending mail with smtp authentication.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Ah! Thank you ver much for that, I will have to look up the web for some references, but thanks for pointing it out!

Comment

Originally posted by oxide
                    Ah! Thank you ver much for that, I will have to look up the web for some references, but thanks for pointing it out!
                    Make a search for "smtp class" and "php mailer". You will find examples attached to the classes thmeselves
                    Navaldesign

Comment

thanks mate... you guys have been great and now just one last thing (hopefully) :D

for the SMTP details what do I put in?

I'm using PHPMailer class and here what I put in my php.

Code:
                      $mail->IsSMTP();
                      $mail->Host     = "mail.oxidesigns.com"; 
                      $mail->SMTPAuth = true;
                      $mail->Username = "username+oxidesigns.com"; 
                      $mail->Password = "password";
                      is the SMPT config right here? or do I just need to use localhost?

Comment

$mail->IsSMTP();
                        $mail->Host = "localhost";
                        $mail->SMTPAuth = true;
                        $mail->Username = "username+oxidesigns.com"; Put your CP username
                        $mail->Password = "password"; Put your CP password
                        [/code]

You must have uploaded the class.phpmailer.php and class.smtp.php in your site. Have you configured port 25 in class.smto.php ?
                        Navaldesign

Comment

yup the class has port as 25

i will try localhost again with the CP stuff .. thanks a lot!!

I have to wait for CP to come back up though :( just went down and cannot access

Comment

currently using this to no avail .. .still no emails going out :( please help if you can.

PHP Code:
                            require("class.phpmailer.php");
                            $email_from "webmaker@oxidesigns.com";
                            $email_subject "SUBJECT";
                            $email_message "Test Email Message";
                            $email_to $addr;

$mail = new PHPMailer();
                            $mail->IsSMTP(); // telling the class to use SMTP
                            $mail->Host "localhost"
                            $mail->SMTPAuth true;
                            $mail->Username "cp_username";
                            $mail->Password "cp_password";
                            $mail->From $email_from;
                            $mail->FromName "From My Server";
                            $mail->AddAddress($email_to);
                            $mail->Sender $email_from;
                            $mail->Subject $email_subject;
                            $mail->Body $email_message

Comment

Have you defined the $addr ?
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X