PDA

View Full Version : PHP core config changes?

oxide
02-25-2006, 03:55 PM
Is it possible to change the PHP config core. I have a few things migrated from another server to my vodahost account and now some PHP stuff doesn't work.

If it is possible to change settings in the PHP core, please let me know how. Thanks.

the setting I need chainging is register_globals to set to On, which is currently Off I see.

Thanks

navaldesign
02-25-2006, 04:35 PM
Is it possible to change the PHP config core. I have a few things migrated from another server to my vodahost account and now some PHP stuff doesn't work.

If it is possible to change settings in the PHP core, please let me know how. Thanks.

the setting I need chainging is register_globals to set to On, which is currently Off I see.

Thanks

I have access to 4 of Voda servers and register_globals is On on all four of them. Which one is yours?

oxide
02-25-2006, 07:02 PM
I'm on voda3.vodahost.com

And I've run a file to get the info and config and it shows me it as Off.

navaldesign
02-25-2006, 07:24 PM
No, it's on. Get in your CP, then just leave on the address bar the www.70.......:2083/ (http://www.70.......:2083/) part (2083 might be different for you) and add after the slash: phpinfo.php press enter, and you will get all the information.:

System Linux voda3.vodahost.com 2.4.21-37.0.1.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Jan 11 18:44:17 EST 2006 i686

Configuration

PHP Core

Directive
Local Value
Master Value

precision 14 14
register_argc_argv On On
register_globals On On
report_memleaks On On

oxide
02-25-2006, 07:58 PM
Thanks very much for trying to help but I could get the config to show.

putting in phpinfo/php after the address:port/ results in a 'page not found'

Anyways, here's my PHP config: http://www.oxidesigns.com/serops06/phpinfo.php

oxide
02-25-2006, 08:38 PM
ok, thx for the correction, now i see it as on, very strange, because in this link it shows as off .. LOL

http://www.oxidesigns.com/serops06/phpinfo.php

Anyways, I have now worked around it and recoded. Thanks very much for your help, much appreciated.

oxide
02-26-2006, 01:20 AM
Another problem :(

using the mail() command doesn't seem to work, Could I be doing something wrong? Is there any configs I need to make with my Mail settings?

VodaHost
02-26-2006, 06:52 AM
You must make sure all your scripts are sending mail with smtp authentication.

oxide
02-26-2006, 09:43 AM
Ah! Thank you ver much for that, I will have to look up the web for some references, but thanks for pointing it out!

navaldesign
02-26-2006, 09:45 AM
Ah! Thank you ver much for that, I will have to look up the web for some references, but thanks for pointing it out!

Make a search for "smtp class" and "php mailer". You will find examples attached to the classes thmeselves

oxide
02-26-2006, 12:27 PM
thanks mate... you guys have been great and now just one last thing (hopefully) :D

for the SMTP details what do I put in?

I'm using PHPMailer class and here what I put in my php.

$mail->IsSMTP();
$mail->Host = "mail.oxidesigns.com";
$mail->SMTPAuth = true;
$mail->Username = "username+oxidesigns.com";
$mail->Password = "password";

is the SMPT config right here? or do I just need to use localhost?

navaldesign
02-26-2006, 01:49 PM
$mail->IsSMTP();
$mail->Host = "localhost";
$mail->SMTPAuth = true;
$mail->Username = "username+oxidesigns.com"; Put your CP username
$mail->Password = "password"; Put your CP password
[/code]

You must have uploaded the class.phpmailer.php and class.smtp.php in your site. Have you configured port 25 in class.smto.php ?

oxide
02-26-2006, 01:54 PM
yup the class has port as 25

i will try localhost again with the CP stuff .. thanks a lot!!

I have to wait for CP to come back up though :( just went down and cannot access

oxide
02-26-2006, 07:12 PM
currently using this to no avail .. .still no emails going out :( please help if you can.

require("class.phpmailer.php");
$email_from = "webmaker@oxidesigns.com";
$email_subject = "SUBJECT";
$email_message = "Test Email Message";
$email_to = $addr;

$mail = new PHPMailer();
$mail->IsSMTP(); // telling the class to use SMTP
$mail->Host = "localhost";
$mail->SMTPAuth = true;
$mail->Username = "cp_username";
$mail->Password = "cp_password";
$mail->From = $email_from;
$mail->FromName = "From My Server";
$mail->AddAddress($email_to);
$mail->Sender = $email_from;
$mail->Subject = $email_subject;
$mail->Body = $email_message;

navaldesign
02-26-2006, 09:11 PM
Have you defined the $addr ?

oxide
02-26-2006, 11:47 PM
yup, the $addr is a session variable that picks up the 'email' field from the table.

I thought it might be the problem but I did and echo $addr; after the mail command and it outputs the correct email address every time.

Do you know about PHPMailer and if I needed to confiure anything in the class file?

navaldesign
02-27-2006, 12:00 AM
yup, the $addr is a session variable that picks up the 'email' field from the table.

I thought it might be the problem but I did and echo $addr; after the mail command and it outputs the correct email address every time.

Do you know about PHPMailer and if I needed to confiure anything in the class file?

Have al look at the Tips and Tricks section. i posted a Tell a friend script using SMTP authentication. Download the files. PHP mailer is there, and the mail script also

oxide
02-27-2006, 08:31 AM
Ah!! Thanks to that now atleast I know the messages are not being sent.

here's what I get, any idea what could be causing it?

Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to localhost:25 in /home/topetiq/public_html/oxidesigns/rops_test/class.smtp.php on line 105
Message was not sent
Mailer Error: Language string failed to load: connect_host

oxide
02-27-2006, 09:42 AM
also just to add, it happens regardless of which smtp host i try to use. :(

navaldesign
02-27-2006, 10:25 AM
also just to add, it happens regardless of which smtp host i try to use. :(

Please upload all of your script code. If you want use my form to send it to me: http://www.navaldesign.info/feedback13.html

oxide
02-27-2006, 10:26 AM
some real weird happenings here, and im beginning to be more inclined to think something is acting up server side?

Now the error has changed, with no change in code:

Mailer Error: Language string failed to load: from_failedserealops@ntlworld.com

That's the address I want to show as coming from in my script. Thought how come the error has changed now?

oxide
02-27-2006, 11:16 AM
Please upload all of your script code. If you want use my form to send it to me: http://www.navaldesign.info/feedback13.html

done. Thanks!!

oxide
03-19-2006, 10:44 PM
Sorry navaldesign, I've been busy lately.

I just wanted to thank you for you instantaneous support on the situation. Unfortunately I had only found this out in the dying moments of the deadline and it had to be moved to another server. I still appreciate the awesome support I received.

Thank you very much!!