Just purchased new domain from vodahost Can't publish new site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just purchased new domain from vodahost Can't publish new site

I followed the instructions when after purchasing a new domain to create a second site. Somewhere along the line I must have messed up. The screens on the tutorial look a little different from my control panel so, I am not sure if I did it right.

I changed the name servers to the same as the previous site, and I went to add-on domains, created the new domain name and created a new password. When I went to upload the index page it either tells me that my password is incorrect or if I use the password of the 1st site it tells me that no such directory exists. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

susanpie1
    Client ID 27251

Re: Just purchased new domain from vodahost Can't publish new site

When you publish.. you use teh same passwords as you use to access to control panel.. you just change the path.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Ok. I deleted my original creation in the cpanel and created the new add on domain again using the same password as the first website. Now when i try to load the index page I get a 550 error stating no such directory exists. Can someone please look at it for me. I may have deleted something that i needed or i am still doing something wrong. I have been trying this over and over again since yesterday.

Client id: 27251

Comment

NOOOO...

in blue voda.. not your cpanel. You use your cpanel logins to access the server to publish. These are the master logins.. it doesnt matter what you used for the addon domain password.

DO THE TUTORIALS.. its exactly the same as your first site except you change the path to the folder in blue voda. You dont have to change ANYTHING in cpanel.

NOW.. that you have deleted everything.. go to your file manager and SEE If this folder exists in the public_html. If it does go to your BLUE VODA WEBSITE BUILDER, FILE< PUBLISH > change the path to public_html/NEWDOMAINNAME

its that simple.. stop re creating the wheel

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Ok. It's still there but now it cannot publish to the site. It finally was able to upload after I placed /startingoverabc.com at the end of public_html. When I checked the site I did not see the index page. Just an error message saying that it could not connect to the server. and i noticed on the error page it changed the web address to startingover.com without the abc.

What do i do now?

Comment

well.. then you made a typo in the domain.. its either startingover or startingoverabc and it has to match whatever domain name you purchased.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Ok. Now it is startingoverabc.com but this is what I see after I upload.

Index of /

Apache/2.2.9 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.startingoverabc.com Port 80

How can I fix this?

Comment

Normaly when you see that the page saved was either with capital letters or you added .htm or bvp to the end of it. check to see if the index page is spelled in small letters and thats it nothing else added to it.
                sigpicJoe
                Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
                The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

same user name and password to the same ip publishing address:

be sure you are publishing an index page to your public_html/youraddondomain and that the page published successfully

if you are in doubt of adding your domain on correctly, log into your control panel, find the add on domain icon on the main page of your control panel, find the add on domain, delete the add on domain, and then log out, log in again, choose the add on domain icon again and add on this domain .. come back out and republish the index page for this new domain to its directory - public_html/addondomain

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                  X