Publishing after making changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing after making changes

When I make changes to my site and re-publish, how long does it take before the live version reflects those changes? It took 2 days for my site to come up for the first time. Is this how long it take for the changes to be reflected?

Re: Publishing after making changes

Changes will usual take place quicker than 1 second. There is a more likely chance of the old pages being in your own machines cache, & this is what your seeing.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hold down your "Ctrl" key and click on the browser page "Refresh" icon to clear your cache.
      CarbonTerry
      Semper Fi
      Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
      Zone 5 Photo
      My USMC

Comment

what happens if the ctrl f5 doesnt do the trick ?, i have the same problemo where it will not publish it immediately, its much longer than 1 second more like 1,000,000 seconds only kidding, but i would like to know why this happens and if i can change it, its just so confusing when the page doesnt update, you dont know whether to wait another hour or call for help, so if anyone can get to the bottom of this perplexing problem that would be great

thanks

Comment

Stringsection, you have another thread going on this topic.
          If the page doesn't update immediately, it's not going to do so. That means that, if you've cleared your cache, you must have done something wrong. Did you get the confirmation after publishing? You've been saying your pages don't publish but the problem you were having previously is you were publishing html pages but linking to php pages. If you don't get the links right, you will not find the page. That doesn't mean it wasn't published.
          I just went to your site and I get all pages. Are you updating? Are you saving before publishing? Are you updating the correct pages? Your site is published in both html and php. Your current links show html. So updating the php pages will not show. So it's not the pages aren't publishing - it's that you can't find them after they do.
          You also have several links on your pages to '...contact' with no extension at all.
          Your pages do one thing I have never seen: after a short time, the content on the page disappears and only the background shows. If I hit F5, it reappears but disappears again. I have no idea what causes this.
          Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
          Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
          Milam County Historical Commission

Comment

Working...
          X