I'm Published and it works BUT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Published and it works BUT?

I'm published and it works but... Why is it when I enter my web address in my browser I end up on my index page? Is that normal? Other visitors going to see the same thing?

Re: I'm Published and it works BUT?

your web address (url) will take you to your index page because your index page is your home page. ie google home page http://[URL="http://www.google.com"]www.google.com[/URL] is its index page.

so yes it is normal and yes other visitors will see the same thing.

Comment

Thank you for the quick reply but I guess I am kind of dense. Ok so will visitors to my site see my page or will the see my index where they can access all the files I don't want them to see.

Comment

Hey thanks for the quick reply. I must be dense because i don't want people to see my index page i want them to see the web site when they come to it. Right.

Comment

Open the page you want to be your main page, and save it as index. Just like that, no caps, just index. Publish and enjoy your site.
          My NASCAR Forum

Comment

I don't think I am comunicating my delima correctly. When I enter my address in my browser my page is not the first thing to come up. I see my directory and that can't be right. Something is missing. Maybe you could take a look and tell me what you see. www.getaliving.com. I really appreciate the help. This has me perplexed.
            Troy

Comment

You are explaining your problem properly, and if you'll follow the very simple steps I gave you, the problem will go away.
              My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Thankyou Racefan for your patience. I finally worked out and with your help it worked. Now on to the challenge of link not just pages but linking buttons to files etc. Thanks again.

Comment

Glad you got it working.
                  My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Working...
                  X