What is the difference between a Subdomain and a addon domain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the difference between a Subdomain and a addon domain

I dont get what the differences are between Subdomains and add on domains? Is an add on Domain a Subdomain? I want to be able to track statics on the additional site. I noticed that option was available in the cpanel for subdomain tracking. Also another question. I am new at this. And of course when I signed up for Vodahosting I was so excited I picked a domain (which is good and I am happy with) but I came up with a better domain. I purchased the new domain thru Vodahostdomain, a warning came up when I tried to configure or point to the vodahost server. Does it matter that I changed servers? I still have all the options available to my new domain since I am with Voda, Right?

That's all any information would be great.

Re: What is the difference between a Subdomain and a addon domain

Originally posted by adventurer
    I dont get what the differences are between Subdomains and add on domains? Is an add on Domain a Subdomain? I want to be able to track statics on the additional site. I noticed that option was available in the cpanel for subdomain tracking. Also another question. I am new at this. And of course when I signed up for Vodahosting I was so excited I picked a domain (which is good and I am happy with) but I came up with a better domain. I purchased the new domain thru Vodahostdomain, a warning came up when I tried to configure or point to the vodahost server. Does it matter that I changed servers? I still have all the options available to my new domain since I am with Voda, Right?

That's all any information would be great.
    Sub domains are extensions of your main site. They look like subdomain.yourdomain.com. Add on domains are self standing domains which are simply located on the same account as your original domain.

The warning you got when changing your name servers is innocent, just ignore it.
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Thanks I'm just beginning so starts the learning process. I have so many questions I don't know where to begin. I guess I will go thru the forum in search of more answers.
      Thanks again.

Comment

That's the right approach, because at least 90% of all questions have already been answered here. Of course, feel free to post any questions for which you can't find an answer and someone will be able to help.
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Working...
        X