Joomla Install and Host Name etc....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joomla Install and Host Name etc....

I have installed Joomla via Fantastico and see the Database in MySQL. However, I am installing Joomla on my computer for site editing purposes. I have downloaded Xampp and installed it according to Joomla's tutorials. That worked fine. I then did the extract etc, via Xampp, and now at the Browser install portion. In step 1 it asks for Host Name, SQL Username, SQL Password, SQL Database. They suggest "Local Host" for the Host Name. When I use this, along with my "*****_joom1" in every combination for the UN, PW and DB name, I keep getting the "Username and Password are incorrect". I've also put voda23 in there as my Host Name and no luck. That's the Name Server info for my account. I've also Added a UN and PW to the "*****_joom1" DB created when I installed via Fantastico.

What am I missing? Do I need to uninstall Joomla through Fantastico? Or am I doing double duty here with installing Joomla on my computer? I just can't access or find the Joomla editing window, button or anything of the sort in my control panel or fantastico. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Jordi

Re: Joomla Install and Host Name etc....

Whats the purpose of the xamp? IF you want to edit joomla you need to sign in to the joomla application ONLINE.. and install modules thru there.. I dont believe you install them on your harddrive

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

So it's Double Duty. Xampp was the Server enabler and I wasn't separating the Fantastico install from the Self Server install. I did the Admin Login in and now all is fine. Took a bit to clear the Fog out of the Brain to step back, check email and find the correct UN and PW for the admin window. Thanks for putting another set of eye's on this to help clear my brain and get me moving forward. Thanks!

Comment

yeah. .xamp is to install it on the HOSTING end of things I believe...couldnt figure out what you were doing with it tho..LOL

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X