Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disappearance from Google!

Hello to all and Thank you in Advance!

Here's my problem - I ran site ranking on sitereportcard, and found that my usually decent Google rankings had virtually disappeared....I have been generally in top 10 or 20 and now cannot be found.

Following my own foggy deductions, I would think this has to do with either:
    1. I was trying to optimize for Yahoo and did something Google does not like.
    or
    2. When checking at Google Webmaster account, I found some linking errors - my 404 page was linking to an old page which I had recently deleted, but had not changed in the menu.
    I fixed that part (I think)

Can anyone tell me what has happened and what I should do? ie, should I now re-submit my URL to Google, and
    also - will I get my ranking back if I fix the problem now?

Help?
    www.MaravillaMountain.com

Re: Disappearance from Google!

For one.. you need to research keywords and description.. they are both.. out there. Why do you have underscores in your keywords? Nobody types them in that way. Your description needs to be complete sentences not another list of unimaginative keywords.

You should be targeting PHRASES. Its very difficult to rank for an individual word... like "vegan" or "vegetarian". Usually someone types in vegan chocolate, vegan gift baskets..maybe vegan restraunt, vegan hotel.

Do your homework. They also have to be ON your page. Each page has its own.. so you dont have to do the WHOLE site in one description.. just that page.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Karen
      Thanks for responding

I will go ahead and work on descriptions today, as you suggest.

Keyword underlines - I thought that multiple-word phrases had to be connected by underlines or dashes...am I wrong? Do I just leave spaces?

Actually, I was ranking well for appropriate phrases, too, though I didn't specifically target them. But I'll put in more of them, as you say.

Once I have improved all that, will Google move me up again?
      Do I have to re-submit to them?
      www.MaravillaMountain.com

Comment

May be your is sandboxed :)
        Cty thiet ke web V&A Vietnam - Thiết kế website & Quảng bá website

Comment

Working...
        X