Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating the database then adding my script

Hello friends,

I recently opened a protected domain and have published most of my site using BludVoda's wonderful software. Now that I am a paying member, I am running into some issues operating my database.

I have created my database thru CPanel, no problems there. I have a software script - more specifically, a dating script - using osDate. The total software size is 37 MB and I have it zipped in a file on my desktop. Using FTP thru the BlueVoda website builder, I uploaded the zipped file to my "root directory." However, no such luck! The script won't work. I then decided to experiment with the fantastico scripts thru CPanel, and it's not really what I want, but I did notice when I added a script from Fantastico, it created a folder in my root directory which had all the program files for the script within. I then decided I would try the same thing with my osDate software - didn't work.

How do I PROPERLY import my osDate software into my database? I'm extremely inexperienced with scripts and databases. I've tried uploading it thru CPanel but it won't even upload when I try to import it, I'm assuming because the file is too large.

What if I created a folder thru FTP in my root, and then individually imported each file from the osDate software into the folder? Would it then work to allow me to open "http://my_dating_site/install.php?"

I'm sorry about this long winded post, but I wanted as much detail as possible - if anyone here knows the solution to my ills, please advise.

Re: Creating the database then adding my script

You don't load the script into the database. The DB is for the content.

Each script has its own instructions, however, most of them require you to:

1. Create a database, with a user, and set permissions for this user according to the script instructions.
    2. Load the script files into a folder in your public_html (root directory). Usually this folder has the same name as the main folder of the script. You do NOT uload the script zipped.
    When uploading you MUST respect the same folder structure as the script.
    3. You run an installation wizard that is usually included with the script. Sometimes this wizard will have also a routine that will create the necessary tables in the database, some other times it will not, and, in that case, you usually run separately a SQL query script (also included with the script, see instructions) that will create the necessary tables in the database.

So the answer to your question "What if I created a folder thru FTP in my root, and then individually imported each file from the osDate software into the folder? Would it then work to allow me to open http://my_dating_site/install.php?

is yes, provided that you have completed steps 1 and 2.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post

1. Create a database, with a user, and set permissions for this user according to the script instructions.
      2. Load the script files into a folder in your public_html (root directory). Usually this folder has the same name as the main folder of the script. You do NOT uload the script zipped.
      3. You run an installation wizard that is usually included with the script. Sometimes this wizard will have also a routine that will create the necessary tables in the database, some other times it will not, and, in that case, you usually run separately a SQL query script (also included with the script, see instructions) that will create the necessary tables in the database.

So the answer to your question "What if I created a folder thru FTP in my root, and then individually imported each file from the osDate software into the folder? Would it then work to allow me to open http://my_dating_site/install.php?

Thank you -- worked beautifully.

Comment

if we have more than one website under BV, and we have a database that i need on the one site..do we use public_html or public_html/rapiddebtsettlement.com (in this case i want to add a database to www.rapiddebtsettlement.com)

here is the question from my database builder...thanks for the help

are you familiar with setting up a database and connecting to it? I can do it fine on my own server but on this cpanel it wont tell me the hostname for the sql server
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------
        Originally posted by navaldesign View Post

Comment

Hostname is localhost
          Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Working...
          X