X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone please help

My website is www.bslnz.com.
    I am trying to get someone to help with the following issue:
    How can I create a link to an inline frame which is on a different page to the link

My home page is published as www.bslnz.com/index.php
    For example: My home page shows a picture of a calculator. I want to link that image to a published page (www.bslnz.com/calc6.html) which needs to open in an inline frame on my terminology page.
    The issue appears to be that I can link to an inline frame on the same page as the link by using the inlineframe name in the target box, but this is not recognized if the inline frame in not on the same page

My terminology page is published as www.bslnz.com/glossary.html

I have posted similar questions but noone seems to be able to provide an answer. I would really appreciate a solution
    Thanks Kevin

Re: Someone please help

Why not open it in a pop up? Much less headache.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
      Why not open it in a pop up? Much less headache.

Karen
      Thanks for reply Karen.
      Is what I am trying to do so difficult?

My calculator is currently viewed in an inline frame becuase it is a page created within menus and headers, and therefore designed for an inline frame.

Comment

You wont be able to have another page appear in the iframe on that page to the one already chosen IE: glossaryintro.html.
        I can only suggest a pop up page, or a duplicate page of glossaryintrotwo.html that is specific to that image link, but opens with your calculator
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

morning Chris
          Thank you for you reply to this issue. I note your suggestions, and probably the duplicate page is the best idea.
          I still failure to understand why there is no a code or option to specify what page I want to open in the iframe. It can be done when the iframe is on the same page as the link, so I would have thought it could be done.

But many thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X