Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfering my current vBulletin to Vodahost

Dear Vodahost,

I have just opened a second account with vodahost so that I may transfer my existing community forum here.

Since vodahost offer unlimited space and bandwidth, then it should be the best place for my site. I just had a few questions that I wanted to ask before doing so (I took advantage of the Spring Gift, that is why these questions are a bit late)

1) Could you help me with the transfer? I think that I could manage to point my domain name to vodahost, but how do I manage to transfer my whole site?

2) How many mySQL connections do you allow? Since my main reason to change hosts is reaching my max number of connection, which is limiting the growth of my website.

My Client ID # 31528

Re: Transfering my current vBulletin to Vodahost

You would need to contact vbulletin.

Theres a tool called IMPEX that you add to vbulletin to IMPORT your old forum to the new server. First you install vb on the new server.. then you use the impex tool to configure and collect your old forum. If you cant sort it out.. vbulletin will be able to help you with the details and.. i believe they have paid techs that will help you out.

Put in a support ticket about the mysql connections. You might need to upgrade to a dedicated server.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for the reply...

Will contact both...

Comment

I'm going to try this and see if it works out for me.

Comment

Working...
        X