forum building

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forum building

How can I build a complete forum to upload to my bv webpage? is there a software I can use? or some script? someone please help!
    $T3V3

Re: forum building

i want to know also, ive been trying to do that also.

Comment

Forums are quite complicated scripts. There is no way of embedding a forum script in a BV built website. what you CAN do, if you like, is use one of the forum scripts available in Fantastico, and disply it in an Iframe in your BV page.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

okay I installed phpbb on my home directory but I am just wondering how use it and how to customize it.
        $T3V3

Comment

Here are tutorials on using phpbb
          phpBB forum tutorials about how to set up and configure your community with phpBB Forum

Theres two ways you can customize the look of the forum.
          1) Download a style from a website (google search "phpbb styles" and you will get websites that have dozens of them), and then install it onto your forum

2) Customize the forums templates yourself. This requires html knowledge, but its the only way to have your forum match your website exactly.

If you are talking about customize the functionality you can either

1) Download and install mods for phpbb
          2) Modify the forums code yourself (but this will require an extensive amount of php knowledge)

I hope that helps

Register/Login Script
          Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

thanx alot... i really appreciate the help. just
            one more thing tho. I want to be able to
            customize the blog page a little more like
            the header and the page layout how would
            I go about doingthat?(e.g. I want to make
            the blog look like my other page
            $T3V3

Comment

Whatever blog software you are using will most likely have a similar template system as phpbb has. It would be a matter of either downloading a template for the blog that looks similar to your website, or creating you own custom one that will look exactly like the rest of your site (but again this will require knowledge of html and css)

Register/Login Script
              Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

thanx. I will probably download a template that looks like my page I appreciate all your help
                $T3V3

Comment

hi

Is there any way to make forum just like this VB forum ????????
                  Ankit Chaurasia
                  Maya Fan Air Engineering Pvt. Ltd.
                  www.mayafan.in

Comment

You could purchase an copy of this forum software from vbulletin.com

There is no simple way to create a forum like it from scratch.

Register/Login Script

Comment

Working...
                    X