Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Canada Website - background colour

Hello,

I have recently published a few pages which I am still working on. My problem is that it does not seem to be centered on the page. I did click the center on page button. I think it has something to do with my background colours and how I created them. Instead of doing the entire page in a particular background colour I added them as a picture and then made it as big as necessary. Now though, when you go onto the website (www.project-canada.net so you see what I mean) you can scroll to the left or right and at one point the colour stops.

I have now played around a bit and wanted to see what it looks like when I just create a custom colour and then set the entire background as that colour and it seems to work better that way. The only thing that I have a problem with is that I want my text in the middle to be in a white background. So what I want it to look like is a white page with information and then around that page coloured background...i hope this makes sense...can anybody help me???? I am at the end of my knowledge...

Thanks,
    T.

Re: Project Canada Website - background colour

Well for starters you have your page width set at 1200, this is too wide stay around the 980 mark (this will fit all monitors reguardless of size). When you build your page always start from the top left position (then check the center in browser) this will center you page with any background filling the remaining areas if they have a wide screen monitor.
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. I have set it to 980...still no difference.

Comment

You still need to move everything to the upper left corner of the page (the white box and all the content, not the background) if you want it to center when you check the box.
        Reguards
        Ed
        www.dsondesigns.com
        www.300hitter.com
        www.bigjk.net

Comment

how do I create the white box. Right now I just used a blank page and had a grid and then placed the colour around the text....is there a way to create the white box and then add all the text and pictures to it????

Comment

here is an example of what I would like the pages to look like. www.alphatranslations.ca, basically one page and instead of the white background I woudl like it to be coloured....I am not worried about the rounded edges or the shaded outline....just a square and colour in the back and I would be happy.

Comment

Use a shape, you can make any color you want, any size and add all the content on to it. It also has the options of boarders, gradients, shadows and such. There is an icon near the top of the page run your mouse slowly over it and the words shape will come up (looks like a grey box with a white circle on top of it)

EDIT: that site is using several shapes to achieve that look, experiement it easy.
              Reguards
              Ed
              www.dsondesigns.com
              www.300hitter.com
              www.bigjk.net

Comment

Fantastic, I played with it on a sample page and that seems to work...much more complicated and tedious but hey, things you do to make it right :)

Thanks for all the help...lots of work to do.

Comment

Working...
                X