fixed background

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fixed background

How can I make the background "fixed" in BV, and have only the text/images scroll? Can I make some other objects "fixed" too? e.g. can I have the menu bar fixed and the rest of the text scroll?

Re: fixed background

Originally posted by vandana
    How can I make the background "fixed" in BV, and have only the text/images scroll? Can I make some other objects "fixed" too? e.g. can I have the menu bar fixed and the rest of the text scroll?
    If by "fixed" you mean locked, (which means that you can't move it any more once locked), right click on any object you want to lock and chose "Lock" from the rig***lick menu. For background, this is valid if your background is a template (an image) that you have created inside or outside BV. Background color instead, is not an object, it's just a color covering all your page, like a colored paper on which you design.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hello!!

When I want my background fixed I use the "textarea"button thats in the menubar to the right just beside the buttonoptions. When you use this one you can scroll just this textbox and the background is not moving.

I hope that can help you!

// Emma

Comment

Originally posted by emma751
        Hello!!

When I want my background fixed I use the "textarea"button thats in the menubar to the right just beside the buttonoptions. When you use this one you can scroll just this textbox and the background is not moving.

I hope that can help you!

// Emma
        Emma is correct, i didn't realize what you were talking about
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi,

Thanks, but I don't have the flexibility of changing the font type/size within one "textarea". or can I? secondly, I cannot get rid of the scrollbar attached to the "textarea". or is there a way to hide it? and can I somehow add images along with the moving text ?

so what I basically want is, to have the entire contents (text/images) of my page scroll by, but not the background image or the menubar. something which is supported in html by <bgproperties='fixed'> or <background='fixed'>.

by the way, can I change the html code of the page (by right clicking and then going to 'object html') to include such things? I tried but it didn't seem to work.

Comment

You can use an I frame, that will display the content of another page. Put the content in this second page. This way you can also get rid of the scrollbars, though my experience is that if they don't see the scrollbar, they don't understand that the have to scroll.

You cannot change directly the page html. You can insert html code in various tags of the code by going to "Page html" and clicking on the relevant Tag.

To see the I frame for the application you mentioned, go to http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...y-i-frame.html

The concept is the same.

For a scrolling content go to

http://www.navaldesign.info/Italiano...ull_nr_07.html
            Navaldesign

Comment

here ya go this is what you need heres the code ...<BODY background="replace with your background" bgproperties="fixed">

works on my site well.
              ttfn oh by the way nice site.
              "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

Working...
              X