Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do they do this?

Hello everyone.

I am designing a French language-learning site and just saw something on another site I found really cool. (So I would like to 'steal' the technique and need an 'accomplice' if you see what i mean . It appears to be sound files embedded within the page and when you hover the cursor over a word, the sound will play immediately without opening another window (the words are highighted). I find it to be a very practical tool.

Place your cursor over a number to hear it pronounced aloud, then quiz yourself by activating 'quiz mode'.

Please, if you know what 'trick' is being used on that site, don't just tell me what it is, but help me further by providing me with useful information on how to get started. Thanks so much in advance for your help. Merci beaucoup!

Herman

Re: How do they do this?

You would have to do it in html and its a dynamic mouse over.. and play event which is linked to a soundbyte.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks Karen,

Good, it sounds pretty simple, then! So when it comes to our BlueVoda site builder, how do I actually do it? Are there any functions I should be looking for in BV? Should I use the Html box? Where do I find the 'dynamic' event function in BV to make a word behave this way? Again, thank you very much for your quick reply. Help from anyone else is also much needed/appreciated.

Best,

Herman

Comment

You dont.. you have to HARD CODE IT.

Im not sure HOW to do it easily in BV other than that..

You MIGHT be able to find a java script that will do it..and edit the javascript

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

HARD CODE it? (Pheeew, big disappointment)

I see, Karen, thanks very much for trying to help.

Now a message to my dear BV administrators:

Dear BV officials,

I will really appreciate your help on this matter, perhaps for future BV users. Making a text dynamic should be something easily available/feasible nowadays and I feel like you guys let me down this time. Thinking about it now, I just realized that Macromedia Dreamweaver has had it for years in its builder, (just highlight a text and voila! you can have all the dynamic menu offered to you on a silver plate) and so I am surprised (perhaps shocked) to see that such a function isn't offered by you that I still consider to this day to be the best in your field. Would you please do something about it? You will do us a BIG favor. Thank you very much for considering the above very seriously.
          Regards,

Herman

Comment

You are comparing an HTML editor with a WEBSITE builder.. not quite the same thing.

You can CREATE IT in dreamwever.. copy and paste the html to your bv html box.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Yes, That's an option I have not thought about! Thanks much, Karen,

Herman

Comment

Working...
              X