new site please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new site please help

hi people this is my first website www.theroofcleaners.com.au as you can see the page takes forever to load, and the text background does not match the bacground of the page, it is a bit sloppy which i intend to fix, but i need to figure out why it is doing this, also the contact page will not work or load either, i am making another website which will have about 10 pages covering carpet cleaning and everything and i really need to figure this out, so if someone can help me on this it would be great,

THANKS

Re: new site please help

Im just starting my own site myself but if I have to be asked if that loading problem gets fixed, you have a clean, nice site already. Great job mate!

Comment

Hi, main problem is the images are to heavy in kb's with the background one weighing in at over 600kb. Put this through pixresizer & you should be able to get it down to around 20kb. Also change it to jpg format from a bmp. This will help with many of the other images. Press the tools button & look at the page weight for a list of culprits.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

DO NOT MAKE DUPLICATE THREADS. I mean really 3?

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by flyer13 View Post
          Im just starting my own site myself but if I have to be asked if that loading problem gets fixed, you have a clean, nice site already. Great job mate!

thanks buddy good luck with your site

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
            Hi, main problem is the images are to heavy in kb's with the background one weighing in at over 600kb. Put this through pixresizer & you should be able to get it down to around 20kb. Also change it to jpg format from a bmp. This will help with many of the other images. Press the tools button & look at the page weight for a list of culprits.
            thankyou very much that was helpful have a good day

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
              DO NOT MAKE DUPLICATE THREADS. I mean really 3?

Karen
              well i guess i didnt really know what type of response i would get :) kapish ?

Comment

Working...
              X