Design issue - wysiwyg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Design issue - wysiwyg

Hi, I haven't published my page yet. when I'm editing a page & I am happy with it, I then preview it. It doesn't look the same. I have to make my page look "off" so it looks right in the preview screen. I have Vista. Does that have anything to do with it? When I print it, it looks like the preview screen not the editing screen.

Re: Design issue - wysiwyg

build all the way to the top and left on the edit screen. right click on page and choose properties and then CENTER it there. Preview then.. it wont look OFF.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I do have "center in browser" clicked on. I might not be explaining it right. For instance. I have 3 pictures across the bottom and I have to type over the images so it looks right in preview. It looks perfect on preview but really messy on the edit screen. It also looks a 3rd way on print preview. It's all swished up at the top and the then a huge blank space in the middle with the pictures on the bottom. I just don't understand it. Can someone help me?

Comment

Could this be related to the zoom feature of your browser? I notice that usually when I preview it looks fine, but if I zoom in or out (in the browser) to make it bigger or smaller the text and pictures can 'jump about a bit' to fit on the screen. Some text can even end up covered by pictures if I haven't left enough space around.
        Try zooming out or in in the preview mode and see if this makes any difference. Ctrl and "+" to zoom in, or Ctrl and "-" to zoom out.
        Might not help at all, but worth a try to see if this is the problem. If so, have a look at 100% - and build so that it looks ok at this size. Leave enough space above/below tables or images so that there will be room if the text moves to an extra few lines.

Comment

My preview mode looks perfect. I did try to zoom in/out while I was in the preview mode to see if anything changed on my edit page. It didn't. It's frustrating because when I open the page to make changes, I have writing on my pictures, but in the preview page everything is where is should be. I can't imagine I have to "fake out" my pages. LOL. Any other things I can try?

Comment

Did you try loading pictures with the insert image option on the BV website builder?

Comment

It isn't just pictures that are off. On a different page where there are no pictures, I have text that I had to type beyond my background. In the preview it's perfect, but to look at it on the edit screen the background color ends and I have another paragraph typed beyond the border. What I see isn't what I'm getting.

Comment

You have to set your screen size in properties. Perhaps your webpages have different dimensions say, 800x600,950x900,etc. If the webpages have different sizes it may cause problems as that or copy pasting image from another page.

Comment

Ahhhhh, maybe this is it! What is a typical page size? I'll make all the same and see.

Comment

Default size is 800x600 with bluevoda website builder. you could set it to a max of 950x900 if you like. right click at the middle of webpage. Set settings at properties.

Comment

I had high hopes! But darn, it didn't work. I did have some pages at different sizes. I now have all 12 pages with 950x900. It didn't change the look of my home page at all. It still looks wrong except in the preview mode.

Comment

Are the text still jumping, overlapping with images?

Comment

Why dont you show us the site so we can see what your problems are?

And 950 x 900 is NOT the maximum you can have your page at.
                          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

The text isn't "jumping", I had to just keep typing over the pictures because it was the only way to make it look right on the preview. If I just move the pictures down after the typing, in the preview there is a huge empty area between the text and the pictures. By typing over it, it shows up correctly in the preview area. I know it must be frustrating on your end with me not explaining it so you can understand it. I can't show you the website because I haven't published it yet. If I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong now, I didn't want to have more problems later. I'm thinking I should publish and then maybe you help me!

Comment

I have to go for the night, it's late. I'll check tomorrow night to see if anyone had a chance to help me further. And thank you ALL for trying. I truly appreciate it!

Comment

Working...
                              X