contact page not loading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• contact page not loading

hi my new website www.theroofcleaners.com.au is just uploaded , but the contact page will not open or load, i have published both pages and have set the link to direct to the page but it will not load, it is the link that says "make an online enquiry " if someone could help me out with this it would be great thanks

Re: contact page not loading

Here's your correct link; just add the ".php" to the link you have now:

CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Finley View Post
      Here's your correct link; just add the ".php" to the link you have now:

http://www.theroofcleaners.com.au/contact.php

thankyou very much sir

Comment

also i am just wondering if every time i update my site and republish a page , is the previous page that i am overwriting , is that automatically deleted thus saving my disk space ? or do i have to manually delete that in the control panel or something ? thanks

Comment

all good now

Comment

Hi.

1. When you update a page and save it, it overwrites the saved page. Same thing happens when you publish, it overwrites the original version; no extra pages are made.

2. Your link is OK. Here is your main page:

And here is your contact page:

The problem might be, is this really your contact page? A true contact page would have more than a phone number to call, it would have a form where a name, email, comment, etc. could be input. As it is now, your link on your contact page just goes to the same page.

BTW, your contact page has extra stuff at the bottom. If you can't scroll down to remove it in BV, right click the page background, choose "page properties" and set the "page height" to a greater number.

Comment

Hi.

1. When you update a page and save it, it overwrites the saved page. Same thing happens when you publish, it overwrites the original version; no extra pages are made.

2. Your link is OK. Here is your main page:

And here is your contact page:

The problem might be, is this really your contact page? A true contact page would have more than a phone number to call, it would have a form where a name, email, comment, etc. could be input. As it is now, your link on your contact page just goes to the same page.

BTW, your contact page has extra stuff at the bottom. If you can't scroll down to remove it in BV, right click the page background, choose "page properties" and set the "page height" to a greater number.
              thanks yes i have fixed that up now, i have added an email link to the contact page as well, but your right maybe an online form would be better,
              i am wondering now for this website and for my next one which will be 10 pages, should i keep as much text in the website as possible for google ? as i have been taking screenshots and saving them as jpgs to save on the weight of the page but more for the fact that when i published the pages the backgroung of the text would not match with the background of the page , the text background would be white and some images and text would overlap, while in blue voda itself everything looked ok , so this i would like to figure out, and also if you can coud you give me some tips on how to get it on google without paying for advertising ? i realise i need lots of links from other websites which i am doing, and to publish my sitemap as well, but should i expect it to come up on the first page if i just type in "roof cleaning" in google or do i need to do anything else?

really appreciate the help

thanks

Comment

For text, text is better than jpeg in almost all circumstances. Text will have transparent background, jpeg white. Text will save page weight over jpegs and text works much better for search engines. For the search engine information you seek, you can find lots of suggestions in the forum here by doing a search. Several of the "Generals" have articles as well, listed in their signatures. "Roof Cleaning" is a very common term, so getting on the first page would take some effort.

Comment

For text, text is better than jpeg in almost all circumstances. Text will have transparent background, jpeg white. Text will save page weight over jpegs and text works much better for search engines. For the search engine information you seek, you can find lots of suggestions in the forum here by doing a search. Several of the "Generals" have articles as well, listed in their signatures. "Roof Cleaning" is a very common term, so getting on the first page would take some effort.

thanks, actually what i have been getting is the text background is white when i publish the page, so the text background does not fit in or is not transparant when it is published, though i have set the text background to automatic in blue voda, in blue voda it looks fine but as soon as it is published or previewed it does not work , why is this ? this is a major problem for me ,also you can check out my new site www.acepressurecleaning.com.au and see the overlapping images, what causes this ? thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X