problems changing .jpg to .gif images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems changing .jpg to .gif images

When I try to change .jpg images to .gif, using either PIXresizer, Pixillion Image Converter, or Office Image Convert, the colors in the converted .gif file are at best covered with like a dull, grey film or at worst, full of holes and grey dots. My budget requires that I use free programs. Does anyone know anything I can do, other than having to repaint all the colors with Paint.net?
    Thanks.

Re: problems changing .jpg to .gif images

Have you tried to .png to see what its like.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

.png looks the same way, made by either of the programs. I need to convert them to make an animation. Don't I need them to be in .gif? But when make the picture using a text box in BV, then make a screenshot using ScreenHunter, it makes a nice .jpg with bright colors. But the jpg's won't animate in UnFREEz, only gif's.

Comment

Try using a program like Gimp
        GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program: The Free and Open Source Image Editor

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Same thing with Gimp.

Comment

Try that one.. and by tradition.. gifs have fewer pixels than jpeg..so.. instead of converting them to gif.. leave them as jpeg and just reduce the pixels and the size. Then if you want to animate them.. layers and then save as a gif but keep the 16 million dpi when you reduce it so you dont lose the color

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Could you explain what you mean by "if you want to animate them.. layers"? You seem to have left out an important step that I don't know about.

Comment

animations are done in two ways.. frame by frame or by layers placeholding the frames. In flash this is also a SPRITE a movement. If you do jpeg.. in layers and slightly change each layer you will get a movement. when you save you export it as a gif to maintain the layers.. then the image will move as you wish...

if its a gif to start with and you save it as jpeg.. you lose the animation and cannot change it back.

i would assume you knew this if you were trying to ANIMATE it.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by dovidshmuel View Post
                  Could you explain what you mean by "if you want to animate them.. layers"? You seem to have left out an important step that I don't know about.
                  GIF images that moves actually had been frames overlapping another with varied changes. picture a man walking w/ his right foot on as frame 1 and another picture of him walking w/ his left foot on as frame 2. if set in GIF you see it walk continously when animated.

Comment

There are free GIF animators/trial version. But editing each frame without changing color is best done with adobe photoshop. Good luck mate.

Comment

It's obvious that I lack a lot of information. Is there some free program that allows me to first animate the pictures as jpeg layers and then convert the whole animation to gif (if that's what you meant, Karen)? UnFREEz only allows me to upload gif files and once they are all uploaded, it makes an animation of them.

Comment

animation is actually a bloody work. basically if you want a waving flag, you have to sketch each movement per frame. I did that last monday and although I made it moved, I failed to cook for dinner. No software I knew could make custom GIF animation by instant effort.

Comment

Thanks, Flyer. I guess I'll stick to recoloring the colors, until I learn differently.

Comment

Here's a tip. Have you heard about Wacom graphic tablet? it's like a mousepad touchscreen used by graphic artists where you could sketch and the result is directly transferred to the PC. Anyway that's the way they do GIF animations for sure. Good luck mate.

Comment

Meanwhile try non-animated GIF image for the meantime. I'll give you a ring when I have won an auction for a cheap wacom unit at ebay. I will give my 1st sample free as promo.

Comment

Working...
                              X