Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems publishing a page with lightboxes

Hi,
    I am having difficulty publishing a page that contains lightboxes. Every time I try to publish it BlueVoda crashes. Could this be because the page is too big?
    The images are all reduced to 600pix, (there are about 30 in total) and I enabled the 'create thumbnails' function.
    I can't send my URL for anyone to look as I'm still at a temp URL, and also, I can't publish the problem page anyway.
    Thanks,
    Marie

Re: Problems publishing a page with lightboxes

You say your images are about 600 pics, but what is the file size of each image (kb's), and how did you size the image? If you sized it with the blue resizing handles you did not reduce the image, just simply how it is displayed on the screen. If the image is large it will still load the original image size, so if you have 30 your page weight could be extremely large (too large) use a program like PixResizer (photoshop or similar)to reduce the images. You can download PixResizer from your c-panel.
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Hi Ed,
      Thanks for the reply. I resized using the Pix resizer tool recommended on this forum. I resized to 400 x 600 - the size it 'recommended' for webpages.

I'm starting to wonder if it's the file names?

Comment

That can be a cause of images not showing once published, never heard of it not publishing the page because of it. Try reducing the number of images (greatly) in the light box, you can add more than one light box to a page if needed but it could be just way too many for a single one.
        Reguards
        Ed
        www.dsondesigns.com
        www.300hitter.com
        www.bigjk.net

Comment

Thanks Ed,
          Yes, you're right. I reduced number of images (one lightbox, 15 images) and it published fine. Added in second lightbox again, and it crashed - so yes, amount of images was the issue. What's the best way to publish lots of photos then? Use an ordinary gallery?
          Thanks for your help, hopefully I can do the same for someone else in time.
          Marie

Comment

I use JAlbum as my photo program, you can add as many as you like in a wide assortment of skin types (albums choices) and upload it to your site. You could also, if you wanted, use an inline frame to have the albums load into (depends on the style you choose). You can look at my site to see mine and follow the link to JAlbum to see what else they offer then click on the link in my signature to see how to upload it to your site. There are many different programs that do the same thing, I just like this one.
            Reguards
            Ed
            www.dsondesigns.com
            www.300hitter.com
            www.bigjk.net

Comment

This type of light box is not for a web album, its for just picking the odd image off a page to enlarge it. As Ed suggest you would be a lot better off using JAlbum or anther form of light box.
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll have a look at some of the different albums when I have time. In the meantime, I have to say that this forum is a great resource, so thanks again.
                Marie

Comment

Working...
                X