Publishing vs Live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing vs Live

Hows that work again? If i publish it so you all can see it its not live yet right cuz its not even complete...
    s

Re: Publishing vs Live

If you publish a page to your hosting account it will nearly instantly be live on the internet

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

hmm... we have a site up now that is the DN associated with this account and i just did an update on the DNS so that VH hosts it now.

But I am building a completely different site to replace whats currently up.

We had a total of 5 domain names purchased. I'm waiting for the other 4 not associated with the acct here to be transferred. But, we have to wait 60 days to transfer the one that is associated with this account.

So how do i post or maybe i can't, what i'm building now to make sure all the links work?

Comment

If you point all of the domains to the nameservers for your account they don't have to be registed with VH, you can just add them as an addon domain and publish to them.

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

wanted to get everything all in the same place... waiting to hear back from the email request to transfer them then i thinki have to do somthing in billing to get them all together then the DNS stuff... not sure yet.. doing one thing at a time...lol
          but so i can't publish to check links without wiping out the other site?

Comment

You can publish it to a directory on the site, although if the domain name you use in the links are not actual domain names then its not going to work.

You can always point the dns in the time being, and then do an actual transfer once the 60 days have passed.

Register/Login Script

Comment

ok well i think i'll just complete the new site before publishing and just put a disclaimer on it saying its under construction..

I have it pointed now.. still waiting to hear back about the other 4 DN.

Comment

Working...
              X