Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sending forms via email &

Hello, could someone help me please?
    I am in the process of putting a form on my web site for people to request a quote.
    This has not yet been published as I still have more to add to it, although I have two problems
    1. Do I have to wait for the page to be published before I can add details in some of the boxes?
    Because the Name , Email, and telephone number boxes that I have put in will not let me enter any details when I did a test in preview page.
    2. When I press the submit button this message comes up.
    (Microsoft Internet Explorer)
    This form is being submitted using email.
    Submitting this form will reveal your email addres to the recipient and will send the formdata without encrypting it for privacy.
    You may continue or cancle this submission.
    Clicked yes
    Then I get this message:

(Outlook express)

A program is attempting to send the following e-mail on your behalf
    would you like to continue.

Why is this coming up? Am I doing something wrong? I am just a bit concerned that it may scare people off. Or am i just being paranoid...........lol
    Thank you in advance for your help.
    Alison

http://www.cakeswithadifference.net

Re: sending forms via email &

Hi Alison - don't worry! Naval will correct me if I'm mistaken...I think you need to publish in order to test your form properly. Those messages are standard IE messages triggered by your firewall/virus guard (I think). I better warn you though that we are experiencing problems with NS3 & NS4 servers so you may get an error message when you try to publish. It'll be fixed by tomorrow.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

this is a html and php script and will require two pages one for the form and one for the thank you page. i think there is a post in the form thread. if new help get back.

Comment

Originally posted by ajlamond
        Hello, could someone help me please?
        I am in the process of putting a form on my web site for people to request a quote.
        This has not yet been published as I still have more to add to it, although I have two problems
        1. Do I have to wait for the page to be published before I can add details in some of the boxes?
        Because the Name , Email, and telephone number boxes that I have put in will not let me enter any details when I did a test in preview page.
        2. When I press the submit button this message comes up.
        (Microsoft Internet Explorer)
        This form is being submitted using email.
        Submitting this form will reveal your email addres to the recipient and will send the formdata without encrypting it for privacy.
        You may continue or cancle this submission.
        Clicked yes
        Then I get this message:

(Outlook express)

A program is attempting to send the following e-mail on your behalf
        would you like to continue.

Why is this coming up? Am I doing something wrong? I am just a bit concerned that it may scare people off. Or am i just being paranoid...........lol
        Thank you in advance for your help.
        1. No. It should work in preview, there must be something wrong Please check if there are two forms overlaying each other. Also try deleting everything and building from scratch.

2. The messages you get are a standard Windows feature, and you can't avoid them because it depends on the computer and the email client settings of your visitors. Please also note that for some visitors, even this might not work and they will simply see their Outlook Express popup open, with none of the info they typed in. You must use a php script to make sure that no message will popup. Look the "Basics about Forms" at http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...out-forms.html. If you need help post again.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you all for that.. Thats gone way over my head, just when I thought I was getting the hang of this too.............lol
          php script! is there one I can copy?
          I have managed to sort out problem number1.
          It's just this form business and sending it that I having the problem with.
          Don't know what I would do without you all.
          Thank you
          Alison

Comment

Thank you all for that.. Thats gone way over my head, just when I thought I was getting the hang of this too.............lol
            php script! is there one I can copy?
            I have managed to sort out problem number1.
            It's just this form business and sending it that I having the problem with.
            Don't know what I would do without you all.
            Thank you
            In the thread above you will find a ready script by Pablo. Just follow the instructions. If you want to send the email to an account outside your Vodahost account, you will need SMTP authentication. I'll post a script in the Tips & Trics section in the next few days. It's more or less the same as the Tella Friend script i posted in the same forum
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hello, Thank you so much for your help.
              Is this what I need to copy:
              <?PHP
              $email = $HTTP_POST_VARS[email];
              $mailto = "feedback@yourdomain.com";
              $mailsubj = "Feedback form";
              $mailhead = "From: $email\n";
              reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
              $mailbody = "Values submitted from web site form:\n";
              while (list ($key, $val) = each ($HTTP_POST_VARS))
              {
              $mailbody .= "$key : $val\n";
              }
              mail($mailto, $mailsubj, $mailbody, $mailhead);
              ?>
              Changing the fields in blue to my details.
              ?
              Is this what you ment or am I barking up the wrong tree?
              Thank you once again for your help
              Alison

Comment

Re: sending forms via email &amp;

Hello, Thank you so much for your help.
                Is this what I need to copy:
                <?PHP
                $email = $HTTP_POST_VARS[email];
                $mailto = "feedback@yourdomain.com";
                $mailsubj = "Feedback form";
                $mailhead = "From: $email\n";
                reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
                $mailbody = "Values submitted from web site form:\n";
                while (list ($key, $val) = each ($HTTP_POST_VARS))
                {
                $mailbody .= "$key : $val\n";
                }
                mail($mailto, $mailsubj, $mailbody, $mailhead);
                ?>
                Changing the fields in blue to my details.
                ?
                Is this what you ment or am I barking up the wrong tree?
                Thank you once again for your help
                Yes, that's the one. Please note that the email address HAS to be on your Vodahost account, to overide SMTP authentication. Also the email field in your form MUST be named "email"
                Navaldesign

Comment

Me again, sorry to keep asking you all these questions.
                  So the email has to be the one I have in my vodahost account, what from the beginning when I joined up,my personal email address or can i put in the email address which I opened in outlook express for use on my web site.
                  Am I just making things difficult for my self or what!...........lol
                  Thank you very much again.
                  <Alison sends Navaldesign a big bunch of flowers for being so pateint>
                  Alison

Comment

Me again, sorry to keep asking you all these questions.
                    So the email has to be the one I have in my vodahost account, what from the beginning when I joined up,my personal email address or can i put in the email address which I opened in outlook express for use on my web site.
                    Am I just making things difficult for my self or what!...........lol
                    Thank you very much again.
                    <Alison sends Navaldesign a big bunch of flowers for being so pateint>
                    Hi Alison,

when you signup a default email account is created automatically, and is of the type: username@yourdomain.com . I don't reccomend to use this one. Create - if you haven't done this already - an account like feedback@yourdomain.com or info@yourdomain.com or alison@yourdomain.com and use this account for your form. Of course, if you want to receive the mails directly on your desktop, you need to create the same account on your Outlook Express and configure it manually . Don't do the automatic configuration. Just watch the tutorial about setting up accounts in OE and do it manually.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                    X