Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update on PowerPoint to web (from December)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on PowerPoint to web (from December)

I am wanting to add a PowerPoint presentation to my website and have found an excelent converter from a post in December pointing to iSpring.

When I contact them for licensing arrangments I find that I can only do so on payment of a fee. Fair enough, but the organisation (a charity) that I work with do not have the sort of money (even with the 50% discount the offer me) they require .

Does anyone know of an alternative that might work equally well?

Re: Update on PowerPoint to web (from December)

Reading through the much older posts on this forum I have found an alternative converter but it was quite unacceptble. Another suggestion has been to pass the PowerPoint through Windows Movie Maker.

I want to try this but am totally unfamiliar with the software, how do I import my PowerPoint presentation into it in order to achieve the result I want?

Comment

install Open Office. which will open powerpoint then you can convert to html or flash.
      Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Thanks Alien.

I have Open Office installed and have opened the power point presentation in it and saved it under another name in case of accidents.

But I am afraid running the presentation in Open Office is abysmal. The animation works like a one legged duck with cramp. I am not prepared to waste time on converting it to run in that manner.

I will continue looking

Comment

Now that depends if you opened the presentation in the right open office application. as i have used Open Office Impress alot of times for clients and had only one complaint.
          Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

I was not aware that any other than impress would open powerpoint, yes that is what I am using and it is very jerky on all the animation whereas Powerpoint itself is smoothe and almost seamless.

I can only comment on my own experience and have never actually used impress as a stand alone to create anything. if you are satisfied, all well and good but I am afraid I am not. Time is important, but for this particular aspect of the project I have until the end of May to get it right.

Comment

Working...
            X