X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help, no lingo please

Verify a Site

www.theroofcleaners.com.au

Once you verify that you're the site owner, we can provide you with comprehensive statistics and error information about the pages in your site. If you're unable to verify, you can still use the webmaster tools, submit Sitemaps, and see detailed information about those Sitemaps as well as basic information about your site.
    We offer two methods of verification. You can either upload an HTML file with a name we specify, or you can add a meta tag to your site's index file. Choose your preferred method below.

can someone please explain what all this means ? i would have no clue, i want to verify my site with google so i can use the webmaster tools, i think my site has been indexed as it comes up on 2nd page for the search roof cleaners, but the heading just reads INDEX.BVP which is obviously the name of my home page, how do i change this ? thanks

if i choose to add a metatag option google gives me this code and says
    Copy the meta tag listed below and paste it in your site's home page in the first <head> section of the page, before the first <body> section. Help

<meta name="verify-v1" content="tm7VEVVL9yFMf+t+gYc05oQH2qX8PwUN+PVNbl+mF DU=" />

how do i do this ? thanks

Re: please help, no lingo please

Originally posted by stringsection View Post
    Verify a Site

www.theroofcleaners.com.au

Once you verify that you're the site owner, we can provide you with comprehensive statistics and error information about the pages in your site. If you're unable to verify, you can still use the webmaster tools, submit Sitemaps, and see detailed information about those Sitemaps as well as basic information about your site.
    We offer two methods of verification. You can either upload an HTML file with a name we specify, or you can add a meta tag to your site's index file. Choose your preferred method below.

can someone please explain what all this means ? i would have no clue, i want to verify my site with google so i can use the webmaster tools, i think my site has been indexed as it comes up on 2nd page for the search roof cleaners, but the heading just reads INDEX.BVP which is obviously the name of my home page, how do i change this ? thanks

if i choose to add a metatag option google gives me this code and says
    Copy the meta tag listed below and paste it in your site's home page in the first <head> section of the page, before the first <body> section. Help

<meta name="verify-v1" content="tm7VEVVL9yFMf+t+gYc05oQH2qX8PwUN+PVNbl+mF DU=" />

how do i do this ? thanks
    First add the meta name to the index page inbetween the head tag on your website. right click on properties on your index page and click on html and add code where it says between the head.... then publish.

You then verify in google webmasters.
    OR you can make a page with the html code and upload it to a folder. The meta name is much easier and recommended.

They just want to make sure you are the site owner. It then gives you valuable information about your website.

A must learn.

No sure about the Index part, your site looks fine to me.
    www.rodharper.com (new)

Comment

Working...
    X