This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing question with Subdomain from Add-on Domain

Does anyone know how to publish a Subdomain page made from an Add-on Domain? Do I change the "Publish" Pop Up Box “Folder” from public_html to something with the new Add-on Domain name?
    (I’ve already created them in C-Panel.)
    Thanks,
    Ted

# 27490

Re: Publishing question with Subdomain from Add-on Domain

Its been a while since I have had all my domains on one cpanel account so I can't remember for sure but it will either be.

/public_html/addon_domain_directory/sub_domain_directory

or

/public_html/sub_domain_directory

check your file structure on your website with the file manager. If you see the name of the directory for the subdomain of your addon domain in the public_html directory, it will be the latter of what I previously said. If you have to naviate into your addon domains directory before you see your subdomain then it will be the first thing I said.

Sorry I can't give you a specific (its been a while since I have needed to use an addon domain), perhaps someone else will come along who can let you know for sure.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Re: Publishing question with Subdomain from Add-on Domain

Hi and thanks for your response. It helped me to confirm what I thought I may need to do. However, it only got me half way. Everything I saw says it should be working. But the subdomain with the "Root" domain was working versus the subdomain with the "Document Root". If that makes any sense to you.

Anyway, I then found an old note to myself saying to create the Subdomain.AddOnDomain.com in the ADD-ON section of C-Panel, not the SubDomain of the C-Panel. Not sure why its working this way, but it is now working without ever going to the SubDomain C-Panel section, although it all shows up there as if I did.

Long story short, my computer crashed a couple months ago, and I had created one SubDomain a few months before that. But all the info was on my computer, and was unable to retrieve that part. Just couldn't remember how I did it before. Too much time elapsed between now and then.

Moral? For important stuff... Back up everything to another drive AND have hard copy on paper also. Glad I found my note. I think that's why I hold on to so much stuff that most would throw away.

Thanks again for your quick response to my dilemma. Much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
      X