Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elements only showing in preview

Hi,
    I've added a new domain www.strayslifeline.org (which I own & transferred and added with no troubles).

I have begun working on the first page of the new domain, which I named "index". The page looks fine in preview, but when I call it up through the URL, several elements are missing:

The pictures from the banner rotator are missing (yes, I have more than 9 pictures),
    the shape w/ text in the heading is missing,
    and certain aspects of the tabbed menu are missing (the background color shows but not the tabs or the text).

Instead I get the box with the little red "x".

I've looked on the forum and tried a few things...no luck. The only thing I can think of that I did differently from the first web site is that I didn't at first name the page "index" (didn't realize you needed the home page to also be "index" in the add on domain)...but then I fixed the page name to "index". Could that have affected it?

Btw, on my main domain (www.strayslifeteen.org) sometimes the shapes or the logo I created using bluevoda don't show...but I never resolved that either. For example, the logo ("st rays lifeteen" in the heart) shows on the "events_calendar" page & on the "gallery" page (though sometimes not when it first opens), but only shows sometimes on the "links" page under the "parents" tab. Could this problem be related to the problem with the elements not showing on the addon domain page??

Any suggestions??

Thanks!

LT Hope33

www.strayslifeteen.org

Re: Elements only showing in preview

Hi, 2 things to have a look at.............
    1. Is you publishing area pop up set to publish all files.
    2. Check in your c panel that your hot link protection is not stopping the images from showing.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hey thanks Chris!
      The pop up was already set to "publish all files"
      so I checked the hot link protection...that was it! I added www.strayslifeline.org to the URL's allowed access and everything worked...well almost everything...

The only thing not visible now (except in preview) is the banner at the top that says "St. Raymond's LifeLine". The small banner kind-of on top of the main one, done as a tag line that says "ages 18-29...all denominations welcome" is visible, but not the main banner w/ the title.

Comment

There both showing here ok. Have the page open & hit F5 quite a few times as it might be your cache.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thank you! Hitting F5 several times did the trick. I thought that wouldn't be an issue since I had put the "no cache" code in the page HTML...now I learned something...thanks!!!

Comment

Working...
          X