Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sending data from form to Mysql

Hi Folks,

I have probably asked this question in different ways.

I have a page which members enter data to and on submission that dat is sent via email to a recipiant.

I would also like that data to go to a datbase in Mysql at the same time.

How do I go about this?

I look forward to your replies
    Kind Regards
    Rob
    www.gnjgf.co.za
    www.oryan-projects.com

Re: sending data from form to Mysql

Hi I have found something at http://www.apluskb.com/scripts/How_c...nswer3591.html

and was wondering if there ia any advice to using this code in mypage at www.gnjgf.co.za/application.php

If there is please help me and show how that I may get the dtabase to work.
    Kind Regards
    Rob
    www.gnjgf.co.za
    www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

Hi ,

I have probably asked this question in different ways.

I have a page which members enter data to and on submission that dat is sent via email to a recipiant.

I would also like that data to go to a datbase in Mysql at the same time.

How do I go about this?

I look forward to your replies

Comment

Hi,

I am pretty new to this but I have 2 forms which appear to work (after a lot of reading and frustration) but if you use the ABVFP then the data taken via the form will be sent to you in an email and also sent to your database on MySQL, this is what happens with the two forms I have anyway.

I couldn't see the form on either of your sites, I like the sliding links at either side of the home pages though

regards
        Rob

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Try looking at www.gnjgf.co.za/application.php

If you have links where I could see your two pages I would appreciate it maybe I could see what I am doing wrong on this end
          Kind Regards
          Rob
          www.gnjgf.co.za
          www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

Hi Rob,

Do you have the ABVFP, which you can download from this site, I don't know much about anything to do with building a website but I am learning fast and I do know that the ABVFP is a terrific tool, so thanks Naval if you read this. It simplifies the whole form and database thing but I did have to print off the 15 pages of instructions and read them carefully, even then I had to s**** forms and databases and simply start again, this was my fault though, not doing things correctly in the first instance, mistakes were altering the size of boxes, making them smaller, which simply meant the info added to the form wasn't collected, plus incorrectly editing the form, so only half the info arrived, but once you try a few times it is really good, my problem is how to take the info now in the database and use it to create a new web page.

Anyway, the links are:

(the site is nowhere near finished and most of it will change in the future, I'm just practicing at the moment really)

I can't give you the second as it is really for my agents to use but if you fill in the form with your email address and send I can then give the url to the secong form.

Please fill in the form with your details and I will email you the text I receive once the form has been sent so you can see what this looks like too. Then if you need any help with the ABVFP please just ask, I'm sure we can muddle our way through together and sort your forms out.

I tried the form maker pro but if you think about it the ABVFP has to be a better way to go because the builder of it is also a vodahost site moderater so all the knowledge is available already.

kind regards

Rob (Espaņa)

Comment

Hi,

Sorry, I wasn't using an expletive in the above reply but the word has been edited like tis s******* I was simply saying s c r a p p e d, apologies for any upset.

Rob

Comment

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the info - No offense taken.

The form that I have at my page www.gnjgf.co.za/application.php was generated and built up by Navaldesign and I agree he is the clever one in this regard.

I do not have ABVFP as yet and maybe it is something I should be looking at.

The plus of learning the other way is that one can learn a bit of php along the way and then when something is not working one knows how to solve it.

Additional to this there are other applications I am considering which would require the skill of learning.

Please do not see this a crit of your suggestion.

Any further help would be most welcome
                Kind Regards
                Rob
                www.gnjgf.co.za
                www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

Working...
                X