Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1 question , seriously why do not the pages publish instantly ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 question , seriously why do not the pages publish instantly ?

1 question , are the pages supposed to publish and be seen immediately after publishing ? thats the way it worked for me when i started but not anymore , so can someone give me a definitive answer as to why this is happening ? i also know to make sure to clear my cache which i have tried with no success, but even after waiting hours it still does not update

thanks

Re: 1 question , seriously why do not the pages publish instantly ?

It updates almost instantly (I say almost because there is the whatever fraction of a second for data transfer).

If you cannot see the changes you are either publishing to a different location then you are viewing in your browser, or your caching. The only other reason I can think is the html file for your BV page on the server doesn't have write permissions its not going to update, but I would assume that it would give you an error saying failed to publish.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Also it could be that you are changing the page in some fashion that may cause it to publish as a php (adding a form or script). In some cases some users have experienced a lag if the servers are under going maintanece, this could last an hour or so. But over all most of the time when you publish it is instant.
      Reguards
      Ed
      www.dsondesigns.com
      www.marseillesyouthsports.com
      www.300hitter.com
      www.bigjk.net
      How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Originally posted by D'son View Post
        Also it could be that you are changing the page in some fashion that may cause it to publish as a php (adding a form or script). In some cases some users have experienced a lag if the servers are under going maintanece, this could last an hour or so. But over all most of the time when you publish it is instant.
        hi well i know that it isnot the cache as i constantly clear it, aqnd i know that i am not publishing the pages as php, they are all html except for the contact page, it has been 2 days now since i published some revisions and still they dont show up,so there is a problem on the server end, i am doingf everything correctly, so if someone who has access to the vodahost techical team could they ask them for me, because everytime i send a support request they just tell me to ask the question here, but thanks for your reply, i have asked this question many times and you are the first to even bother to reply to it,

so what should i do, as im sure you can understand this is extremely annoying

appreciate the help

thanks

Comment

Check in your file manager (in control panel) to see if they are really there and you simply are unable to locate them, many times a simple mispelling or the wrong extension can be the cause. Even if you do not add a form or script to the page once in great while the file type can inadvertently be changed from html to php without you knowing it. So any time you cant find a page or do not think it published look there and see if therre is a different version of the page, you can click on it and view it from there.
          Reguards
          Ed
          www.dsondesigns.com
          www.marseillesyouthsports.com
          www.300hitter.com
          www.bigjk.net
          How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Originally posted by D'son View Post
            Check in your file manager (in control panel) to see if they are really there and you simply are unable to locate them, many times a simple mispelling or the wrong extension can be the cause. Even if you do not add a form or script to the page once in great while the file type can inadvertently be changed from html to php without you knowing it. So any time you cant find a page or do not think it published look there and see if therre is a different version of the page, you can click on it and view it from there.
            hi thanks i tried looking in the control panel for the pages but the only list that came up was for all the images and gifs in my website, i couldnt find the list of just the webpages themselves, i have republished the roof tile cleaning page www.theroofcleaners.com.au/rooftilecleaning.html again with nop success, still the old page shows up, which you can see is different from the rest, what i would like to do is to just delete everything and start all over again, as i keep making changes to it to make it look better, so how can i do this ?

also one question i would love to be answered is, i want to add a link to some text on my website, and i want the link to be black but blue when the cursor is moved over it, now in the page properties i have the option of setting the link colour, which i set to black, but when i m,ake a link it is always blue ????and blue with an underline to it, so how can i make the link black and then only blue when the cursor is moved over it ?

thanks alot

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by stringsection View Post
              i have republished the roof tile cleaning page www.theroofcleaners.com.au/rooftilecleaning.html again with nop success, still the old page shows up, which you can see is different from the rest
              All of your pages have the exact same design. If the page rooftilecleaning.html looks different then your index.html then your browser is caching.. Try either downloading another browser or viewing it on another computer.

Register/Login Script
              Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

And the link properties will show the correct colors when you publish.
                CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
                CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
                CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Finley View Post
                  And the link properties will show the correct colors when you publish.
                  ok thanks everyone for the help i will see how it goes, but about the links
                  so it is normal for the link to show as blue with an underline in blue voda, but if i set it to be black when it is published it will be black ? ok thanks, but what about making the link turn blue when the mouse is hovered over it ?

thanks

Comment

The links and effects are set in page properties. Please go thru the bv tutorials, much of this is explained.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                    02036089024 / United Kingdom
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

You can also set the links looks via the style area of when you enter a hyper link. This will only show when previewed or published & not on your BV page.
                      Cant remember if i asked? But have you got your publishing area set to all files.
                      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
                        The links and effects are set in page properties. Please go thru the bv tutorials, much of this is explained.

Karen
                        thanks as i said before i realise that it is in the page properties thats what i was asking about, but there is no option of making the link blue on mouse over, i have the option of what colour link what colour active link and what colour visited link, how do i set the link as blue ONLY on mouse over

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
                          You can also set the links looks via the style area of when you enter a hyper link. This will only show when previewed or published & not on your BV page.
                          Cant remember if i asked? But have you got your publishing area set to all files.
                          hi thanks how do i insert a hyperlink ? had a look around couldnt see it, i have just been right clicking on the text and adding a link that way, and thanks but yes i am publishing "all files" so dont know what the problem is there, want i would like to do is just to delete everthing and start over .i have revised all of my pages once again and would like to publish them, but want to start off from scratch, as like i have been saying the pages will not show after i publish them, so could you tell me how to find the pages in cpanel and delete them, i tried finding them in the cpanel but couldnt find where they are to delete them

thanks alot mate appreciate the help[

Comment

"adding a link" is a hyper link. Its in this area that you add a style. If you want to start from scratch? pop in a support ticket with your details & ask for a system/website re-set with also a note to say that you realize everything will go back to day 1, as when you joined VH.
                            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

If you want to delete the published pages you have created with blue voda you need only to enter your control panel, choose file manager, and your files will be listed - you want to delete .html files - those are the .bvp pages you created with blue voda and these .bvp files convert to .html files when published ... look for index.html and any other pages by the names you published them. if you delete the .html files from your public_html directory (the directory for your main domain) your pages will disappear off of the internet .. be careful not to delete any cgi file folders or pngfix files - delete only the .html files ...

There is also an easier and faster way if you log into your server via ftp method - from the blue voda site builder go to tools > ftpmanager > connect > supply your username and password and on the right hand side your files will open - you may need to browse through to find the directory, but then you will see the.html files there as well .. you can select more than one file at once in case you wanted to delete your .jpg or .gif or blue voda images (shapes used in creating your pages) ...

Alternatively, if all of your pages are going to have the same name, wipe out the content on each of those .bvp pages you created and publish up a blank page saying coming soon ... this would do the same .. I suspect this would work for you once you have index.html deleted - perhaps you have another instance of an index page - index.php - perhaps you published pages with this file extension instead and this is why your page is not showing the changes ... not sure ... but you can browse through your public_html directory and look for and delete these things ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                              02036089024 / United Kingdom
                              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                              X