Outlook 2007 sending, not receiving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2007 sending, not receiving

Here's the deal...I have my e-mail address set-up through cPanel and can send/receive through Horde webmail. I just set up a new e-mail account through Outlook 2007 and their test was success on both sending and receiving.

I can now send e-mails through this new account in Outlook but can not receive them on this new account. All e-mails are still showing up in Horde, but for some reason Outlook isn't pulling them in.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Scott

Re: Outlook 2007 sending, not receiving

Have a look at the tutorials again, and also have a look here .. you may have to adjust what it is you have typed for your incoming mail settings ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Nope, didn't help. The posts related to having problems with outgoing mails and setting up the outgoing smtp to coincide with your ISP.

Mt problem isn't sending e-mails, those are going out and being received fine. What I can't do is get the e-mails being sent to my website's e-mail address to reach my Outlook inbox. They are making it into the Horde webmail inbox, but Outlook isn't pulling them in.

I followed some instructions in the forum to enter voda31.voda31.com for both the Incoming and Outgoing servers. On the advanced tab of More Settings, I have 995 as the incoming port and 465 as the outgoing port (both with SSL). With these setting the account settings test both pass/complete on both the send and receive.

Any other ideas of what is happening that Outlook isn't pulling in the e-mails? Is it because they are going into Horde? If so, what do I need to do to stop them from going there?

Thanks,
      Scott

Comment

Your incoming should be set to default and your mail should be
        mail.domain.com

995 is for ssl connections and you dont have that. Outgoing thru your isp would.. so incoming should be default

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Ok. Getting there, I think.

I have the Incoming set to mail.domain.com and the settings are set to default.

The Outgoing is voda31.voda31.com with port: 465 SSL connection.

With these settings, I get a successfully sent test e-mail result. However, it is landing and staying in the Horde webmail inbox and Outlook is not pulling it in. Is this more of an issue that I should contact my ISP (Charter)?

I've also tried smtp.charter.net for the Outgoing with the same port settings and get a successful test mail result and scenario as above.

Thanks again,
          Scott

Comment

well.. you are sending ok.. so its not an isp issue.. .. check your firewalls and trusted sites in explorer to allow your domain name and see if that solves the issue.

Well.. i take that back.. your isp could be blocking your incoming mail.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
            X