Website Background

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website Background

I've run across a problem after a year of successfully editing my website, www.muttmakeovers.com . The background and headline on my Fun Page will not publish even tho it appears fine on my BV workpage. It is missing from the preview as well. I've scoured the Forum for answers and tried a lot of options recommended for similar complaints, but to no avail. Any suggestions?

808dinah

Re: Background does not publish

I see it just fine. You must be caching. Probably need to clear it and reboot the computer.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Yep! i cant see it either. Have you checked that the image has not been moved on your computer? And Have you checked that the publish area is set to publish all files?
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

It's not showing up on that fun page .. reinsert the background onto the page via page properties and copy and paste your logo from one page to another or retrieve your images here and reinsert ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks to those who replied to my problem. I cleared my cache and rebooted; not the problem. Collector, I don't know how to "check my publish area" to see if it is set to Publish All Files. I'd like to try it tho...
          And I checked the location of the file containing my background image and it has not been moved. Lady Eye, I tried reinserting it and still no luck.

I'll continue to look for answers but I'm throwing my problem back out to the forum! Thanks for any help.

808Dinah

Comment

When you publish a page a pop up box will appear called publish page. Its the drop down list called files. This should be set to publish all files.
            Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hmm, Collector, the only pop up I get when I hit "Publish" is the window to enter my account info; no drop down boxes called Files or anything else....

I'm tempted to just rebuild my Fun Page but dread the problems I'll most certainly encounter (not that I'm a pessimist, but I remember the stress I endured as I muddled my way through the first time!) If I clone it, won't it clone the error as well?

Another question, possibly related: When I go to "Tools" - FTP Manager- I get a window called Shell Execute Error, 'BlueFTP.exe' is not found! (the computer's exclamation point, not mine) This Error Msg appears on Tools on all my pages, not just the problematic Fun Page.

Any help appreciated!
              808dinah
              www.muttmakeovers.com

Comment

Hmm, Collector, the only pop up I get when I hit "Publish" is the window to enter my account info; no drop down boxes called Files or anything else....
                If you haven't got the drop down box next to Files: You need to re-download BV.

Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

VERY interesting, Collector! (Chris?) Thanks for the look-see of what that window is SUPPOSE to look like-- I must have an older version of BV; (although I only downloaded in early 200; it has never had a window like that. (it is missing the "file" drop down).

Now. I am very nervous about redownloading BV, but I am convinced that is the solution. Are there instructions for that anywhere? I have copied my BV file folders over to an external hard drive; now what?
                  808Dinah
                  www.muttmakeovers.com

Comment

Re: Website Background

You can re-download BV here
                    You wont loose any information that you already have when updating your version of BV, but always worth making a back up of your files anyway.
                    You will also find about 20 extra features have been added since your last update in 20000. The old versions are not actually supported by VH anymore.
                    It would actually be nice if BV designers would have an auto check that users have the latest version & also have the full version number in the about area of BV & in the header of the pages.

Good luck.
                    Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Chris, just want to thank you; I installed the new BV version and, of course, you were right-- all my files were there, and best of all my publishing problems solved! The one glitch I encountered was my files were not saving. But like always, I go to the forum and find the answer: I had the page loaded twice.

Kudos to you and the forum! In fact, I think I'll post my satisfaction under "Testimonials"....thanks again!

808Dinah

Comment

Good luck.
                        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                        X