Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euro symbol

Hello,

Where can I find the Euro symbol, i tried to copy past it from MS Word (I found that advice in the Forum) but it doesn't work, when I preview or publish i get strange symbols.

Thanx in advance,
    BS

Re: Euro symbol

I was going to be a bit sarcastic & say (Insert symbol) But i tried it, & low & behold there isn't a euro symbol that i could see. Even tried ctrl+alt+e & got a funny é. I can only suggest putting a "EU:20.00" as the symbol, or something similar. But will also pop this in the suggestion box.

The strange thing is that i just cut & pasted a EU symbol on a page from MS word & the symbol showed up fine. But for some reason it grew a url link to the VH affiliate i belong to. (Strange)
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

The ASCII value for € is 128, so if you're using a PC, type ALT 0128 (The numbers must be entered from the numeric keypad, not the numbers at the top of the regular keyboard.)
      Bob

Age brings not wisdom, but perspective — It allows one to look back, with fond regret, on temptations resisted.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobsch View Post
        The ASCII value for € is 128, so if you're using a PC, type ALT 0128 (The numbers must be entered from the numeric keypad, not the numbers at the top of the regular keyboard.)
        That’s really strange! If i enter using the alt 0128, it takes over my affiliate link with VH & replaces it with a euro symbol with a link to my VH affiliate.
        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thx for the reactions.

Indeed it works with the alt-codes, took some time to figure it out to use it on my laptop.
          Ciao

Comment

Sorry I thought it worked.
            It's not the problem to get a euro symbol in BV ( alt codes, copy paste from word etc.etc)
            The problem is when I publish or preview it, I get really strange symbols, like €

What's the problem?

Comment

I wonder if its anything to do with the language settings you are using in BV. I popped a support ticket in for it & just got an answer from Laura Dunkin saying post your question on the forum as VH only deals with the server side of things. Cant remember the last time i saw a BV programer on the forum.lol
              Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

publish the symbol as a pic or create a pic in MS Paint or something and insert it in bv.
                HalaalPages.com
                FREE Georgia Muslim Directory

Comment

It's on your keyboard??????????

Press Alt Gr and the number 4 at the top of your letters, not the 4 on the right.
                  Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Ah! well done Ramsey, one for the topics list. Not sure if there might be a slight change for the Netherlands keyboard layout.
                    Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
                      Ah! well done Ramsey, one for the topics list. Not sure if there might be a slight change for the Netherlands keyboard layout.
                      Well spotted
                      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thx, it isn't the keyboard thing, I already figured that out. I can create a symbol, no problem.

The only problem is, when I publish it in Firefox it does'nt work, a friend of mine tried to publish it Internet Explorer and it worked... Pretty strange or not?

Comment

Originally posted by Bennisjaak View Post
                          Pretty strange or not?
                          Knowing Firefox... no.. not really!

Comment

Strange! Its showing up in IE/FF & opera at my end ok. Maybe ask your friend to see if he can see this page in his FF.
                            Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                            X