Why is my site not listed on google

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is my site not listed on google

Would somebody please look at my site www.parkescakes.co.uk and tell me specifically why the only listings that come up on google are for the BV forum (I'd actually rather not have my website building problems published for my customers to see) and think it would have been a good idea to be told NOT to use part of my website address as my username before it was too late.

I have subscribed to google adwords, verified my account with google, posted my site on here, tweeked my metatags, keywords and page description and used the metatag analyliser to check the results, have links from a couple of other good websites and submitted a sitemap to google.

Is it just a case of wait and see, only I gave a customer my website address yesterday and she couldn't find it (not very professional)

Also if the title of my page is called bespoke-cakes-gallery, and the text bespoke cakes gallery appears several times on this page and the lightbox is titled bespoke cakes gallery...why on the analytics site does it tell me this is a terrible title fo my page?

A speedy reply would be most appreciated as the headache this is giving me is unbearable and I'm not getting any actual cakes made while I'm trying to resolve this issue

Re: Why is my site not listed on google

Oh, I have read the other posts about this and have either done what has been suggested already, or I don't understand the reply, likewise the tutorials.

Comment

Would somebody please look at my site www.parkescakes.co.uk and tell me specifically why the only listings that come up on google are for the BV forum (I'd actually rather not have my website building problems published for my customers to see) and think it would have been a good idea to be told NOT to use part of my website address as my username before it was too late.
      Most people are very happy to have there site links on forums to help with promotion with the SE's.

I have subscribed to google adwords, verified my account with google, posted my site on here, tweeked my metatags, keywords and page description and used the metatag analyliser to check the results, have links from a couple of other good websites and submitted a sitemap to google.
      "Tweeked my metatags & keywords" On most pages you are using key words that are not within the text of the page or title. (A no,no)

Is it just a case of wait and see, only I gave a customer my website address yesterday and she couldn't find it (not very professional)
      She must of jotted it down wrong as this is unique to you.

Also if the title of my page is called bespoke-cakes-gallery, and the text bespoke cakes gallery appears several times on this page and the lightbox is titled bespoke cakes gallery...why on the analytics site does it tell me this is a terrible title fo my page?
      bespoke-cakes-gallery should be Bespoke cake gallery

A speedy reply would be most appreciated as the headache this is giving me is unbearable and I'm not getting any actual cakes made while I'm trying to resolve this issue
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
        Most people are very happy to have there site links on forums to help with promotion with the SE's.
        I am more than happy for my site links on forums to help with promotion with the SE's but if all my customers get when they type my url into googles search engine is the problems I'm having building my website...does this really send out the right message?

"Tweeked my metatags & keywords" On most pages you are using key words that are not within the text of the page or title. (A no,no)
        My website is heavily based on pictures, I don't think people who visit a cake designers site want to read too much about cakes, they want to look at the work I produce. If you look at the bespoke cakes gallery page (the one I've been tweeking) I have put titles on the photo's, originally the keywords were directly linked to the photo's in the gallery but on the analyser this came up as poor??? I will carry on tweeking them and make them more relevant, but don't I also want the keywords to be the words that people are most likely to put in their search engine ie. wedding cakes, birthday cakes as opposed to eiffel tower cake or chocolate box?

She must of jotted it down wrong as this is unique to you.
        I cannot access my site via googles search engine either, I can via my aol toolbar though.

bespoke-cakes-gallery should be Bespoke cake gallery
        OK, I thought everything had to be lower case and no spaces, will go through all the pages and change them back to caps with spaces.

Thankyou for your speedy reply

Comment

Hi, the alt text on the page is good for the images. But it would be good to rename the images from Eiffel%20Tower%20Parkes%20Cakes%20(350%20x%20600). TO
          Eiffel-Tower-Cake with an alt text something like Eiffel Tower cake made with sponge and marzipan.
          With all these key words, alt's its relating to what you think a visitor will type in type in find your products. This will include the names of your images.
          Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

And will doing this solve the problem of not being found by googles search engine? I'm not expecting or at this stage needing a high ranking just a listing.

Thank you

Comment

No! but every little helps. I would rather have SE points awarded to me than deducted for incorrect page building.
              I am also assuming that you have registered your site with google to say you are on the web & up & running (i don't mean ad/word/sense). They will pick on your site eventually, but VH offer a free listing with all the major SE's as a one off as part of your account. Just pop in a support ticket.
              Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Parkescakes View Post
                  And will doing this solve the problem of not being found by googles search engine? I'm not expecting or at this stage needing a high ranking just a listing.

Thank you
                  Your site is indexed in Google.

Comment

Working...
                  X