this one too,please.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this one too,please.....

I know i have become a bit of a bother now...anyway,i will REASK it and i hope i can get a useful answer.
    I have 2 domains.
    naruto-hero.com (the free one from which came with the account)
    mesotheliomahome.net (bought from domains yahoo)

I changed the name servers of mesotheliomahome.net to VH's ones
    (ns3.vodahost.com ns4.vodahost.com)

i want to use mesotheliomahome.net with my existing vodahost account.
    I tried to add it as addon domain but i am confused.I don't want www.naruto-hero.com/mesotheliomahome,i want www.mesotheliomahome.net

please guide me,i am totally confused
    http://www.thebestcyprusproperties.com

Re: this one too,please.....

Go in your control panel and add it as Addon domain. Addon domains are by all means independent domains, that simply share the same disk space with your main domain. Once published, it will be available as www.mesotheliomahome.net . When you create the addon domain, a directory relevant to this site will be automatically created. You have to publish the mesotheliomahome "index" page in that folder, for your site to become visible. The rest of your pages also go there.

So go in CP, click on Addon Domains, and in the next screen , in the new domain field type in "mesotheliomahome.net", in the directory filed type in"mesotheliomahome", or make it shorter if you wish, as "meso",
    in the Password field type the password you want to use, and simply click "Add domain" . You have finished. Your site will become visible as soon as the DNS change propagates on the net. I suggest that immediately after creating the Addon Domain, you publish in that folder an "index" page, even if it has to be a simple "Site under construction" message.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Although the addon domain makes a directory on your main site, it acts almost independantly of it, when you enter in the second domain, it just looks at the directory for the files to display. It is it's own site, even though its on your main one

Register/Login Script
      Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

i did what you guys told me.Created the addon domain "meso" and uploaded index and more pages but it's only reachable through www.naruto-hero.com/meso maybe it is that i changed the name servers today and some time is required for propogation or something???

Comment

Originally posted by xdigimaster
          i did what you guys told me.Created the addon domain "meso" and uploaded index and more pages but it's only reachable through www.naruto-hero.com/meso maybe it is that i changed the name servers today and some time is required for propogation or something???
          The Addon domain should be mesotheliomahome.net (without the www.) Only the folder could be either "mesotheliomahome" or "meso" . And yes, it needs time for propagation
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

finally i am done,thanks a lot everyone for your help.I really appreciate

Comment

Working...
            X