Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSS Feed Validation Failure

Hi,
    I have set up an RSS feed on my site but when I validate it, I keep getting this error:

Explanation
    Your feed is missing a required title element. Elements such as channel, image, and text Input require a title.

Solution
    Add a title element.

I cannot edit the HTML code for the RSS templete provided. What do I need to do to fix this?
    Thanks,
    Tim K

Does anyone here know anything about RSS Feeds? All RSS Feed post seem to be getting ignored. As the e-mail I got from technical support said:

"Please post your question(s)in our community support forum and
    one of our VERY knowledgeable and helpful design staff will help
    you resolve your issues and achieve your goals."

It would be great if someone from this "VERY knowledgeable" staff could answer my earlier post or some of the other RSS post.

Thank you so much.
    Tim K
    http://www.MiLBRadio.com
    Client ID#32663

Re: RSS Feed Validation Failure

Please dont make DUPLICATE POSTS. I merged these and i answered you.

It would be great if someone from this "VERY knowledgeable" staff could answer my earlier post or some of the other RSS post.
    We arent staff.. we are volunteers. We dont get paid to answer you.
    This isnt a support issue, so of course they are going to direct you here.

Try using the RSS ICON.. its a lil orange square with white radio waves on it.

I answered your first post.. but instead you chose to make a new one... right click on your name or go to your profile and find your statistics buttons. Click find all posts by you.. amazing what you MIGHT find.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Karen,

I appreciate your response. In the e-mail sent to me, it was worded to indicate that these are answered by staff and I was being blown off by support. When you are a paying customer, you expect more in terms of customer service and not being "blown off." If you are not on staff with Voda and you are doing this on a volunteer basis, thanks for you effort. As for your possible solution, I used the icon to created the RSS feed to begin with so if this is the only way to generate an RSS feed through Voda, then it may be a support issue. It will not validate and you cannot edit the html code.
      Thanks again,
      Tim K

Comment

One other thing, I cannot find your orginal post response. I have checked here everyday and until now, it has always indicated "0" responses. I have also followed your instructions and do not see it as well. Thanks!

Comment

Its not there.. cuz i merged the threads. You are only paying for hosting at $9.95 a month. That only entitles you to support for the hosting.. not the software.

Create an rss feed? If you are creating the rss feed then you need an xml generator. That would only be used to add an EXISTING feed.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
          X