google cacheing of pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• google cacheing of pages

hi you know when a website appears in google there is the option of looking at the cached pages, in the listing ? how can i disable this ? because the cached pages which you can view are all strange and everything is out of place, i do not want people to see this, i got the email from blue voda, about the code we can paste in the the website that prevents cacheing on someones computer, but i dont thhink that can prevent someone veiwing the pages that google itself has cached ?

if anyone knows how to prevent this id appreciate it, and also i wonder how long it takes for google to update my page information ? i have changed my headline / desription text and am just wondering how long that should take before it is seen online ?

thanks

Re: google cacheing of pages

add

<meta name="googlebot" content="noarchive">

between your <head> tags

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Originally posted by Watdaflip View Post
      add

<meta name="googlebot" content="noarchive">

between your <head> tags
      thanks so i have
      <META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache"><meta name="googlebot" content="noarchive">

under the between head tag menu in the page html section, the other one being for the no cache of pages, how long should the changes take to be seen online? i have checked 5 minutes after publishing but still there is the option of veiwing cached pages

thanks for the tip

Comment

Once google's bot checks your site again it will notice you told it not to archive your webpage and it should be removed soon after. It depends on how frequently googe checks your site, it might be gone tomorrow or a month from now, theres no way to say for certain

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
        X