Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to let somebody update content

Hello!
    My question is... how can I let a friend get access to certain pages, edit and update the contents?

Thank you

Re: How to let somebody update content

Have your friend set up Blue Voda on his computer using bluevoda.com/setup.exe Then, he'll have to import your pages from a blank screen by going to File, New Page, Existing HTML. To access your site, he has to have your user name and password.

Comment

Is there another way? I don't want to him to have access to all the site contents, only several pages. What I have in mind is for him to update certain texts and not the whole page actually. I want to secure the whole page, only the headline and perhaps sub-head that I want him to update once in a while.

Comment

Not sure if there is in Voda, but WordPress, which you can download in your CPanel, allows the administrator to give access to as many people as you want, and to restrict access to certain pages. If you need this, you might want to try WordPress.

Comment

Not sure if there is a secure way around this? But could also look along the lines of you producing the site with some pages that have iframes, & your friend could publish just the iframe content & update when ever they want without effecting the rest of the site.
          But the word press is another good alternative.
          Ah! One other way is to use Google Docs & what ever page is made up in Google Docs can be in an iframe on your site.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Ok will try both. I'll let you know of the results. Thank you guys.

Comment

Working...
            X