Carry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carry

Somebody Please help me. I have published my site www.carrysmith.com and originally I had a guestbook which was included on the menu buttons of each page but i want to get rid of that and replace it with a contact me form. I saved and published that and changed all my menu buttons to read enquiry form but i don't think I have done everything I was supposed to. First stupid question is where do i find notepad on my computer to create the php file. The form is a simple one I just want people to be able to fill out their details and type their enquiry and it gets emailed to me so I can answer their enquiry. i don't have anything for them to upload apart from their details and enquiry. Can someone help me, i would be very greatful
    Carry Smith

Re: Carry

You will find notepad when you click start, programs, accessories. I assume you have read this already but just to be sure here are the directions again.

Place your guest book on the page as per instructions & publish. (This part is now done)
    Now open notepad & create just a plain blank page & save it as a text file & name it guestbookdb.php & save.
    Now upload this empty notepad doc to your server via FTP & change the permissions to 755 as tutorial.
    What happens is when a message is left, it is stored in this document.
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Thanks Ed, that's very helpful but I think I really want a form not a guest book. I have been looking at other threads on this subject. I have copied the code on those but all I have on my form is name, email, and enquiry comment sections. I don't actually have a section for uploading a file so do I need to include that part of the code in the uploadaction.php notebook file (does that part of the code stand for the whole form or just if you want to add a section for people to upload a file). The part of the code I am asking about is the "Validation for max file size". Sorry about my lack of knowledge and thanks so much for your peals of wisdom. Much appreciated
      Cheers Carry

Comment

Nice site Carry. I really got carried. If you can't find what you're looking thru the threads, this may help http://www.developertutorials.com/. There's more than tips in there w/c might be helpful. Best regards.

Demet

Comment

You could save a lot of time and head ache by using the form wizzard to create your form, there are several different premade ones available. You can add items or delete them as needed by simply choosing the item icon and putting it in the right place. For a file upload there is an icon near the top right of the page (click it to add). Make sure the form area is large enough to encompase all the elements. No need for the use of note book, adding script or code anywhere, its pretty straight forward.
          Reguards
          Ed
          www.dsondesigns.com
          www.marseillesyouthsports.com
          www.300hitter.com
          www.bigjk.net
          How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Thanks for all your help ed much appreciated. I have my form up and running now

Comment

Working...
            X