files not changing to .html when publishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• files not changing to .html when publishing

I am having a problem with publishing. This is what shows up where my home page should be at http://www.hockeyjobmarket.com

Index of /

Apache/2.2.8 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.hockeyjobmarket.com Port 80

I saved my 'index' file normally. When I publish it I assume it should change automatically to an .html file. I have another BlueVoda website and this is what happens with that one.
    Does it have anything to do with this new site being an add-on domain? Under FileManager, the public html folder for the new websites shows the files are all .bvp extensions. On my 'good' website, the are .html extensions and I didn't do anything differently.

Can anyone help me?

Re: files not changing to .html when publishing

Make sure you are publishing with the publish feature of bv and not FTP'ing them up there.

when u save.. save as.. just type index do not add a file extension.. leave it set to default.

If this doesnt work.. download and reinstall bv. It wont over write your pages folders.. just the program itself.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Yes, I was just using the publish feature of bv. I was also not adding any extension to the file name.

I just loaded the latest version of BV and tried the process again but the result is the same.

Comment

Put in a support ticket.

I dont see that we can assist you further here, without having access to your account and publishing a test file.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I named my ADD ON DOMAIN file 'index' and used the publish button. I was told to do this by the support staff when I used a support ticket. As I feared, this overwrote my MAIN DOMAIN 'index' file and now when I go to my main domain, I see my add on domain homepage. I have lost my original homepage. The people at the support desk are not interested in helping me anymore. They just tell me to watch the tutorials, which I have a thousand times. I cannot find the answer to my question on there. They told me I saved the new index file to the wrong folder but how can you direct it to a certain folder when you use the publish button as I was told to do??????

Comment

You have to change the path to public_html/newdomainname/

Just publish your OLD homepage to the public_html

Make a new folder in your bv with the addon.. save your new files there.

YOu can change the file in the publish too. same as you did when you first published.. when that screen comes up you have the option there to change it.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
            X